WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2021 3:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Lead jobs in New York-NY
Search all Technical Lead postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Lead?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia seeks a Technical Lead for the MSC - Media Software Engineer department. The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at WarnerMedia enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to HBO Max along with all of WarnerMedia's affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia is looking for a hands-on Technical Lead with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions that encompass our entire media supply chain. The successful candidate will work closely with product/project managers, users, development staff, and senior leadership to lead design, develop and deploy encoding and content distribution solutions.
• Work with a team of highly motivated developers to effectively implement solutions and deliver production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
• Responsible for application design, code quality, and deployments
• Mentoring junior team members and enabling them to work with new technologies
• Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements, document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team
• Document technical solutions and present these solutions to both a business and technical audience
• 10 years of experience as a software engineer with a strong knowledge of Java and Node.js
• Experience with scripting languages is a plus
• Expertise in designing and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using ECS, Lambda, SNS/SQS
• Expertise in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
• Hands-on experience with a UI framework such as Angular or React.js
• Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
• Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins and Git
• Experience monitoring and alerting applications using ELK, CloudWatch, and/or AppDynamics
The Nice to Haves
• Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and business team members
• Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
• Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Advise development team on implementations, and serve as a key decision-maker
• Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues in a distributed environment
• Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development
• Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask
• Ability to excel in an agile development environment and create a positive influence
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.