Technical Director, Hockey
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - Remote
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
This year, Turner Sports and National Hockey League announced a seven-year multimedia rights agreement beginning with the 2021-22 season. Fans will be able to enjoy the Stanley Cup Final and Stanley Cup Playoffs on TNT and TBS for the first time, along with 72 regular season games and the NHL Winter Classic each season. With this new partnership, Turner Sports and Bleacher Report will continue to provide premium content across multiple screens for fans to enjoy.
Bleacher Report's Video Production and Technology team is looking to hire a Technical Director to assist in our busy studio production environment. This full time position will be assisting our production and technology team at our studios and control rooms in NYC.
• A Bleacher Report TD plays a lead role of the live control room team.
• A TD is responsible for supervising the control room technical crew during a fast paced sports environment and executing the direction and vision of show director and producer.
• Switching fast paced productions seen throughout the world across Bleacher Report/Turner Sports networks.
• Firsthand experience partnering with the live director.
• Act as crew chief and technical lead assigned to the production sta? productions.
• Ability to o?er creative suggestions that enhance show productions.
• Collaborating with graphic department and editorial leads as new shows are developed.
• Organizing and maintaining switcher layout and other auxiliary equipment associated with TD area.
• Demonstrate technical ability to troubleshoot and understand video work?ow throughout Bleacher Report/Turner Sports networks.
• May be called upon to simultaneously direct/TD small to mid-level live and taped segment/shows.
• You are a strong multitasker and have the skills to handle prioritizing and executing multiple requests at the same time.
• Must work well under pressure and be able to show strong teamwork capabilities as part of a studio team.
• Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills a must: You have technical know-how and strong communications skills. That's what it takes to rise to the top of this team
• An ability to work in a high pressure sports environment.
• A desire to learn new technologies, processes and/or procedures as they are implemented and a willingness to work in other areas as assigned.
• Five years of Industry experience technical directing in a live sports or news environment
• Operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production.
• Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the ?eld.
• Available to work ?exible hours.
• Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice knowledge of internet sports culture.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.