Technical Broadcast Director
Warner Bros. DiscoveryAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2022 1:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Broadcast Director jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Technical Broadcast Director postings
Full Time Job
Technical Broadcast Director(Sports)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Technical Director will function as one of the technical leads for a production. The Technical Director is responsible for set up and operation of the production switcher and associated technical equipment in the control room environment. This will include occasional remote productions, preproduction, along with taped and live events. They are also responsible for evaluating and then assigning all video inputs taking into consideration timing and video levels all while orchestrating the control room set up. Finally, operate as the ''right hand'' of the Show Director to develop and execute the ''look'' of the show by creating special effects via the production switcher and various external effects equipment.
• Set up and operate production switchers and all associated technical equipment in a control room environment (occasionally remotes) during show build, pre-production, and taped/live events. Orchestrate control room set up while simultaneously evaluating and assigning all video inputs taking into consideration timing and video levels.
• Collaborates with the Director and Producer to execute the technical and artistic vision for each production.
• Lead the audio, graphics, EVS and Studio teams during production set up and coordinates the faxing of their equipment and show elements since their equipment and work passes through the production switcher. This pro
• Works with WarnerMedia Studios Engineering Department to troubleshoot equipment issues. Will also perform light control room maintenance to keep all equipment in peak operating condition.
• Mentors and trains new Technical Directors (Staff/Freelance).
• 8 – 10 years of experience as a Technical Director in major market television
• Knowledgeable of current industry standards
• Must be able to technically operate various models of video switchers, digital effects devices and other associated ancillary equipment
• Must understand with the ability to help maintain control room workflows
• Must have strong leadership skills as well as great people skills since the relationship between the Director, Engineering, Technical Staff and other are paramount.
• Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
• Takes ownership and accountability for assigned projects
• Able to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
The Nice to Haves
• Diverse background in television preferred, including camera and/or video playback preferred
• Knowledge of Grass Valley switchers
• Knowledge of Evertz monitoring systems
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.