Technical Art & Pipeline Director
Full Time Job
Location: Remote, United Kingdom
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Rocksteady is looking for an exceptionally skilled and passionate Technical Art Director to join our dedicated and collaborative team to work on our upcoming title Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
Our 'Tech Umbrella' consists of the wonderful Technical Animation, Technical Art and Procedural Tech Teams. Amazing people of various backgrounds truly passionate about tech and real time game development.
We are looking for someone who enjoys championing technical challenges, has a knack for pipeline strategies, and contemplates on effective, user-friendly workflows and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of pipelines, performance optimisation, user-friendly tools, efficient workflows and streamlined processes that saturate a diversity of disciplines, with highly iterative project needs.
They will further unify and bolster our Tech Umbrella; collaborate with Leads and Directors to clarify and sanitise the technical impact of game decisions ; bring clarity of vision, and foster a strong culture of empowerment.
• Champion Technical Artistry in the studio by working with the Tech Animation, Technical Art and Procedural Tech Leads to build robust pipelines, workflows that empower artists, and overall strengthening our asset and build stability
• Collaborate with other Directors to realize creative visions and identify potential workflow problems - working with other tech team members, engineers and artists to achieve this
• Working with Rendering and Technical Directors to define and implement asset optimisation budgets
• Research and implement training and team mentoring on new technologies and processes
• Define the technical roadmaps and long-term vision as well as strategically plan and prioritize against the needs of the various disciplines that are being assisted by Technical Art, Procedural Tech and Technical Animation
• Managing career vectors of tech team, including regular 121 meetings with Tech Leads
• Overseeing studio needs, identifying staff and skillset requirements and working with recruitment to ensure the technical departments are sufficiently staffed
• AAA Game development experience in a Lead or Director position
• Comprehensive knowledge of all CG fundamentals, with advanced knowledge in content creation techniques and technical disciplines such as optimization, modelling, texturing/shading, rigging/animation, lighting/rendering
• Strong understanding of coding fundamentals in a range of languages such as Python, C# or C++
• Need to have a creative eye and aesthetic judgement to help drive visual quality
• Proficiency in good asset management and sharing practices
• Excellent cross department communication and leadership skills
• Ability to assess things holistically and make long term plans
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Knowledge of procedural programs such as Houdini and Substance Designer
• Technical skills such as experience with Blueprints and building complex materials
• Previous experience with code organization and centralized tool development and distribution
• Knowledge of production and project management processes (Jira, Shotgun)
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.