SVP, CNN Growth Marketing
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
We are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need our next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place.
CNN is looking for a Senior Vice President, CNN Growth Marketing CNN Digital . The person will be responsible for driving an audience-first acquisition and retention strategy. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of performance marketing, retention, marketing technology systems, funnel and driver optimization, product driven growth strategies and experience working with design and creative teams to rapidly test messaging and pages. The person will have had experience building and managing a high performing team.
• Develop a go to market strategy for a new product including pricing, target market, value proposition communication and more
• Lead a team of acquisition, retention, strategy, and product marketing experts to drive fast subscription growth and retention
• Lead audience-first digital channel strategy, experimentation, and optimization
• Deepen CNN DTC's understanding of customer path to conversion and collaborate with Brand Marketing, product, and editorial to optimize paths in line with audience strategies
• Collaborate with Data to improve measurement rigor, develop new measurement and testing methodologies, and optimize performance
• Collaborate with Data Science teams to improve performance
• Oversee a strategy function that helps run performance management and long-term subscription planning
• Leverage your domain expertise, test design skills, stakeholder management, and creativity to develop a full funnel strategy across all channels
• Manage digital agencies and determine methodologies to increase capacity
• Work closely with finance to optimize ARPU and LTV of customers in addition to subscription growth
• Report to executives and key stakeholders on high level wins, challenges, and future strategies and execution plans
• Partner with other squad leaders, contributing to the overall product strategy and strategic systemic thinking about the whole CNN DTC product
• Stay up to date on the digital and technological landscape to understand our competitors' tactics
• Work closely with WarnerMedia partners to leverage learnings and systems
• Build and develop a high performing team
• Leadership: You have 10 of leading aggressive digital growth, specifically for a subscription-based product. Demonstrated ability to communicate across the organization and to Executive Leadership and have led large teams to success.
• Growth. You have deep experience with A/B testing, incrementality testing, and sophisticated measurement techniques and attribution models. You have implemented rigorous creative testing methodologies and ability to communicate findings internally and externally. You have experience closely managing outside agencies and partners. You have experience spinning up marketing technology capabilities
• Strategy. You have experience working on a holistic strategy (e.g. managing the pull between yield maximization and LTV vs. short term growth); you have run a full funnel strategy and have closely and rigorously run performance against it.
• People Management and Collaboration. You are a people manager with 7 years of experience. You have an inclusive mindset. You can coach and motivate your team.
• Execution. You have managed complex work and delivered results on time. You are aggressive about your goals and have helped your team manage tradeoffs. You have collaborated cross functionally, working with other functions and squads to shared success. You are ruthlessly focused on delivering strategic, impactful work.
• The person will have had experience building and managing a high performing team.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.