Studios Finishing Apprentice
This was removed by the employer on 7/27/2021 1:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Studios Finishing Apprentice jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Studios Finishing Apprentice postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Studios Finishing Apprentice?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our Design/VFX Team is currently looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious Finishing Apprentice who is a self starter and is passionate about editing, color correction and the finishing process (the last stop before hitting air). The Finishing Apprentice needs to be detail oriented, especially when it comes to tasks such as versioning spots and creating end pages. This is a a full-time position working in support of our TBS/TNT partners.
Candidates should have experience with the foundations of assistant editing, such as:
• file delivery, transfers, and tracking media
• prepping and conforming timelines for use by editors
• familiarity with AAFs and XMLs
• best practices in media management
• edit support (e.g., slates, versioning, QC, digitizing, etc.)
Must have a keen eye towards color correction and attention to detail as this position focuses more on final delivery of assets.
• During the first year, the Finishing Apprentice will gain additional core experience; they will develop knowledge of network workflows and network branding; and they will strengthen their skill set in session support (e.g., assist editors in compositing, prepping materials such as dailies, etc.). There will also be an extensive focus on the utilization of the Adobe Suite, Resolve, etc.
• The second year of work will center around transferring their new knowledge to train the next candidate, all while continuing to work with editors, building relationships, focusing on editing skills, and elevating skills to the next level.
• Demo reel of current work required
• 3 years of relevant experience, television post-production preferred
• Strong Premiere and After Effects skills
• Knowledge of Resolve and Flame a huge plus
• Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines
• Meticulous organization and categorizing skills
• Ability to prep material per an finisher's instructions
• Must be familiar with database management
• Thorough understanding of post-production processes
• Knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
• Creative flair for storytelling
• Interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated/ Takes initiative / Intuitive
• Time management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge and appreciation of the WarnerMedia Brand
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.