Studio Facilities Manager
This was removed by the employer on 3/20/2023 5:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Studio Facilities Manager jobs in London-UK
Search all Studio Facilities Manager postings
Full Time Job
Studio Facilities Manager (FTC)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
We're looking for a Studio Facilities Manager (12 Month Maternity Leave cover) to own office facilities & sustainability management of our Kentish Town Studio which was recently awarded an 'Outstanding Company to Work for' accreditation in Best Companies™ annual report – and ranked #13 in the UK Technology Sector Companies list.
Your role will include a number of managerial responsibilities that support the Studio Director and Senior Management team, whilst working with your team to continuously improve our studio. This will involve designing and managing office improvements, influencing and implementing our strategy to be a more sustainable organisation, through reducing our carbon footprint using economically and environmentally friendly methods. Another integral part of the role is to ensure the office is an accessible and inclusive environment, and meets our Disability Confident Commitments, whilst also being a leader in creating and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative studio culture.
This role will suit someone who is enthusiastic and able to manage a portfolio a range of projects, whilst also working well under pressure and meeting deadlines. In this role you will manage a small team, therefore empathy and approachability are key to nurturing your teams experience, whilst managing stakeholder expectations and solving problems.
This role offers hybrid working conditions but requires on-site days in our Kentish Town studio.
Your New Role…
• Provision of day to day administrative functional support to the Production and Senior management team
• Supporting and managing all future studio expansion, and renovation projects.
• Support studio leadership to oversee approval cycles for travel and expenses, business purchases and manage timely approvals of staff expenses
• Oversee Health and Safety management at the studio
• Procurement of new vendors and services for facilities and contract management. Including co-ordinating lease agreements and renewals
• Control and manage studio support budgets and purchases
• Work with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure the effective running and maintenance of the production department and studio.
• Excellent communication skills – with a proven ability to build relationships quickly, influence and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
• Experience owning, controlling and reporting against complex budgets and purchase ledgers, showing financial discipline
• Experience managing office expansion, building projects, and design projects with multiple vendors and contractors
• Facilities management experience, ranging from provision of essential facilities to identifying and procuring new goods and services to improve the running of an industry-leading Games studio
• Experience coordinating and planning company events, catering to a diversity of needs
• Appreciation of interior design and styling, that is functional and conducive to a creative environment
• Fully comfortable with Email, Microsoft Office package, and communication tools like Slack.
• Training or accreditation in First Aid, Fire Safety or related Health & Safety categories
• Experience in facilities management in a multi-cultural environment, with a diverse range of individual requirements and accommodations
• Experience using Sparc and Concur systems
• An interest in environmentally friendly & sustainable projects
• An interest in games!
If you do not meet all the requirements, but after reading through the description you feel excited about the position, and believe you'd still be a great fit for the role, we'd still love to hear from you!
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.