Strategist, Newsletters - Bleacher Report
WarnerMediaSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - San Francisco
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
WarnerMedia seeks a Strategist, Newsletters for the Programming – BR department. Bleacher Report is seeking a Strategist to be responsible for developing and overseeing content and programming strategy content within B/R's App, across all social platforms and extensions to linear television and beyond. He/She will meaningfully contribute to Newsletter strategy on creation, curation, and packaging, and serve as strategic manager to shared-resource teams that execute their vision. They will specifically lead outreach to creators, influencers and talent in the space to partner on original content experiences that align with Newsletter strategy.
We are looking for someone with a passion for driving audience growth and engagement, pushing the boundaries of new content experiences and who gets excited about sports culture.
The Strategist will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the content, design, sales and marketing, business development and leadership group on key initiatives and alongside partners in the industry.
• Develop and lead NBA content and programming strategy, and help run the day-to-day management across B/R's App and social platforms (social content, app push notifications, content packaging, event planning, community building).
• Develop strategy to increase engagement and grow audience within the app and across social platforms with a focus on interactivity and user-generated content
• Help meaningfully move forward content innovation by ideating and executing forward-thinking concepts with third-party creators and producers
• Conduct outreach to creators in the space, developing relationships and working on one-off and ongoing partnerships to create innovative content experiences
• Work closely with cross-departmental stakeholders to identify key topics, sports events on the calendar and white-space opportunities to build innovative content experiences around
• Develop content experiences that will drive audience interaction with a focus on community
• Utilize analytics and platform tools to track and optimize growth and engagement
• Cover shift work as needed, especially around key tentpoles for the brand.
• This role may require the employee to regularly appear on-camera or have their voice used on video as needed (as mutually agreed upon)
• Set content programming strategy, priorities, policies, and holistic vision for the creation and distribution of Newsletter content within the B/R app and across social platforms.
• Focus on audience growth and increased interactivity and work closely with other stakeholders on test-and-learn strategies and analytics evaluation
• Manage and oversee a content budget to work with third-party creators and influencers to create content experiences that align with overall strategy
• Develop elevated content experiences to anchor coverage around key tentpoles
• Focus on innovation and ground-breaking content experiences to position Bleacher Report as the creative leader in the industry
• Evaluate and experiment on all new social platforms and app functionality and educate others on the priorities and opportunities
• Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation
• Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work
• Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration.
• Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with 'best in class'.
• 3-5 years experience in digital media, social media, content creation or curation
• Extensive knowledge of sports
• Extensive knowledge of best-in-class visual, creative and social formats, software and opportunities
• Extensive knowledge of all social platforms, functionality and audience growth best practices
• Experience with project management and working with remote creators on deadline-oriented projects
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred
• Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events
• Deep understanding of current media and digital content space
• Previous editorial, design, content or social media experience in sports is preferred
• Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice extensive knowledge of internet sports culture
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.