Strategist, Hockey Social Content
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
This year, Turner Sports and National Hockey League announced a seven-year multimedia rights agreement beginning with the 2021-22 season. Fans will be able to enjoy the Stanley Cup Final and Stanley Cup Playoffs on TNT and TBS for the first time, along with 72 regular season games and the NHL Winter Classic each season. With this new partnership, Turner Sports and Bleacher Report will continue to provide premium content across multiple screens for fans to enjoy.
Bleacher Report is seeking a Hockey Content Strategist to be responsible for overseeing the creation of innovative and engaging original social content. They will specifically lead outreach to creators, influencers and talent in the space to partner on original content experiences that align with B/R's hockey strategy.
They will meaningfully contribute to hockey strategy on creation, curation, and packaging, and serve as strategic manager to shared-resource teams that execute their vision.
We are looking for someone with a passion for pushing the boundaries of new content experiences and who gets excited about hockey culture.
The Content Strategist will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the content, design, sales and marketing, business development and leadership group on key initiatives and alongside partners in the hockey space.
• Help meaningfully move forward B/R's hockey content innovation by ideating and executing forward-thinking concepts with third-party creators and producers
• Conduct outreach to creators in the space, developing relationships and working on one- off and ongoing partnerships to create innovative content experiences
• Work closely with app, social and content stakeholders to identify key hockey topics, events on the calendar, and white-space opportunities to build innovative content experiences around
• Develop content experiences that will drive audience interaction with a focus on community
• Manage and oversee a content budget to work with third-party creators and influencers to create content experiences that align with B/R's hockey strategy
• Develop elevated content experiences to anchor coverage around key hockey tentpoles
• Focus on innovation and ground-breaking content experiences to position B/R as creative leaders in hockey culture
• Evaluate and experiment on all new social platforms and app functionality and educate others on the priorities and opportunities
• Influence and mentor staff of shared resources, inspiring a creative culture of innovation
• Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work
• Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration
• Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with 'best in class'
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.