Strategist, App Programming
Full Time Job
Strategist, Hockey App Programming
Location: United States - New York - Remote
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
This year, Turner Sports and National Hockey League announced a seven-year multimedia rights agreement beginning with the 2021-22 season. Fans will be able to enjoy the Stanley Cup Final and Stanley Cup Playoffs on TNT and TBS for the first time, along with 72 regular season games and the NHL Winter Classic each season. With this new partnership, Turner Sports and Bleacher Report will continue to provide premium content across multiple screens for fans to enjoy.
Bleacher Report is seeking an App Strategist to be responsible for developing and overseeing programming strategy for Hockey within B/R's App and extensions to linear television and beyond. They will meaningfully contribute to hockey app programming strategy on creation, curation, and packaging, and serve as strategic manager to shared-resource teams that execute their vision. They will also manage B/R's hockey programming calendar and lead outreach to creators, in?uencers and talent in the space to partner on original content experiences that align with hockey strategy.
We are looking for someone with a passion for driving audience growth and engagement, pushing the boundaries of new content experiences and who gets excited about hockey.
The App Strategist will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the content, design, sales and marketing, business development and leadership group on key initiatives and alongside partners in the hockey landscape.
• Develop and lead Hockey app programming strategy, priorities, policies, and holistic vision for the creation and distribution of Kicks content within the B/R app
• Help run the day-to-day management across B/R's App (app content, app push noti?cations, content packaging, event planning, community building)
• Develop programming strategy to increase engagement and views, and grow audience across the app platforms with a focus on community, original content, talent vehicles, interactivity, user-generated content, and reactive news
• Help meaningfully move forward B/R's hockey content innovation by ideating and executing forward-thinking concepts with third-party creators
• Conduct outreach to creators in the space, developing relationships and working on one-o? and ongoing partnerships to create innovative content experiences
• Contribute to developing elevated content experiences that anchor coverage around hockey tentpoles to increase engagement across social channels with a focus on interactivity and user-generated content
• Work closely with a shared team of programmers and cover shift work as needed, especially around key hockey tentpoles
• Utilize analytics to track and optimize growth and engagement across social channels
• Evaluate and experiment on all new social platforms and educate others on the priorities and opportunities
• Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration
• Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with ''best in class''
• 3-5 years experience in digital media, social media, content creation or curation
• Extensive knowledge of sneaker culture
• Extensive knowledge of best-in-class visual, creative and social formats, software and opportunities
• Extensive knowledge of all social platforms, functionality and audience growth best practices
• Experience with project management and working with remote creators on deadline-oriented projects
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred
• Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events
• Deep understanding of current media and digital content space
• Previous editorial, design, content or social media experience in sports is preferred
• Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice extensive knowledge of internet sports culture
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.