Strategist, App Programming
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Strategist, App Programming - B / R Gaming
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia seeks a Strategist, B/R Gaming App Programming for the BR – Gaming department. Bleacher Report is seeking a Strategist to be responsible for the day-to-day management and content strategy for B/R Gaming within B/R's App. They will specifically lead B/R Gaming's app strategy on curation, hook writing and content packaging, as well as serve as direct manager and mentor to a shared team of programmers.
The Strategist, App Programming will meaningfully contribute to gaming strategy on creation, curation, and packaging, and serve as strategic manager to shared-resource teams that execute their vision, which includes both the B/R Gaming and ELEAGUE brands.
We are looking for someone with a passion for driving audience growth and engagement, pushing the boundaries of new content experiences and who gets excited about video game culture and communities.
The Strategist will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the content, design, sales and marketing, business development and leadership group on key initiatives and alongside partners in the gaming industry.
• Help run the day-to-day management of Gaming across B/R's App (app push notifications, content packaging, event planning, community building) around B/R Gaming and ELEAGUE
• Specifically develop and lead app strategy on content packaging, hook writing, RSS and automation around gaming
• Develop strategy to increase engagement and grow audience within the app and across social platforms with a focus on interactivity and user-generated content
• Help meaningfully move forward Gaming's content innovation by ideating and executing forward-thinking concepts with third-party creators and producers
• Work closely with cross-departmental stakeholders to identify key gaming topics, events on the calendar, and white-space opportunities to build innovative content experiences around
• Utilize analytics and platform tools to track and optimize growth and engagement
• Cover shift work as needed, especially around key tentpoles for the brand.
• Set app content programming strategy, priorities, policies, and holistic vision for the creation and distribution of Gaming content within the B/R app
• Focus on audience growth and increased interactivity and work closely with other stakeholders on test-and-learn strategies and analytics evaluation
• Contribute to developing elevated content experiences to anchor coverage around key tentpoles
• Evaluate and experiment app functionality and educate others on the priorities and opportunities
• Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation
• Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work
• Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration
• Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with ''best in class''
• This role may require the employee to regularly appear on-camera or have their voice used on video as needed (as mutually agreed upon)
• 3-5 years of experience in digital media, social media, content creation or curation preferred
• Extensive knowledge of video games, competitive gaming, and gaming culture
• Extensive knowledge of all social platforms, functionality and audience growth best practices
• Experience with project management and working with remote creators on deadline-oriented projects
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred
• Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events
• Deep understanding of current media and digital content space
• Previous experience, understanding of newsletters is preferred
• Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice extensive knowledge of internet video game culture
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.