Staff Product Manager, Platform Capabilities
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
As a Staff Product Manager, Platform Capabilities, you will be a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Team, which is responsible for creating the foundational capabilities that will power industry-leading experiences enjoyed by millions of news consumers across the globe. The Staff Product Manager is an experienced product manager who will focus on defining and delivering on a complex set of needs from Advertising, Data Privacy, and Analytics stakeholders while maintaining a focus on page performance and user experience. The Staff Product Manager will collaborate with a cross functional team of engineers, product managers, and designers to optimize and build new core platform capabilities that improve CNN's capacity to grow its business in a compliant manner.
• Look ahead to identify the core platform capabilities required for CNN's future growth and profitability.
• Develop processes and governance practices to ensure privacy, performance, and revenue compliance on our platform and partner developed features.
• Partner with a wide set of stakeholders to help define and determine the vision and roadmap for Data Privacy, Analytics, Performance, and Advertising core capabilities.
• Manage and facilitate the trade-off process during requirement definition to ensure our releases deliver against business goals.
• Gather, prioritize, and document product requirements from cross-functional teams and stakeholders on multiple business levels.
• Provide consistent, concise and clear communication so team members and stakeholders are aligned to the why and when on team priorities.
• Make the tough calls necessary to keep the team delivering value, or pivot in a new direction.
• Pull in or request more resources to capitalize on potential opportunities. Scale our ambitions and invest appropriately.
• 8 years of digital product management experience.
• 3 years of experience with data protection/privacy laws, advertising, 1st party analytics/insights, and/or performance preferred, but not required.
• Passionate about platforms as a mechanism to create value.
• Ability to create functional and technical product requirements.
• Demonstrated success working in a high collaborative environment.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and high ethical values.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.