Staff Product Designer, Emerging Products - CNN Digital
Full Time Job
Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
As a Staff Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, creating trusted new digital experiences that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of news consumers. We have an ambitious product roadmap that emphasizes our unique ability to redefine news and information through content, people, and technology, and our success is driven by these abilities coming together to super-serve our users.
The Staff Product Designer, CNN Digital Emerging Products is an experienced user experience designer who collaborates with your design colleagues to develop a product design vision for the future of CNN's digital product portfolio and advocate for our millions of users through a strong sense of user empathy, contextual awareness of product scale and audience growth, and continuous cross-functional collaboration.
• Lead & execute on CNN's emerging product design efforts ranging from mobile application, web user experience, and information architecture.
• Collaborate with partners on your cross-functional team to understand the needs of our teams and establishing a structure and end-to-end workflows designed to best serve those needs.
• Partner with your team in expanding mastery of our business goals and proactively drive strategic solutions and results.
• Team up with your product team to execute on the holistic view of your product suite across integration (customer and technical) points to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
• Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and provoke new businesses.
• 8 years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer leading digital experience at consumer-focused technology company.
• Design portfolio demonstrating an exceptional track-record of product design solutions to real-world business cases for world-class, industry leading companies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Design or a related field preferred.
• Experience with Product Design across multiple platforms.
• Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders such a Product Management and Engineering.
• Expertise in visual design elements including typography, layout, and visual hierarchy.
• Ability to work proactively and efficiently in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Mastery across a variety of digital product design and prototyping software, including Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principal, and ProtoPie.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.