Sr. Staff Product Designer - CNN Digital
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
As a Sr Staff Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Sr Staff Product Designer, CNN Digital TV Apps, is a seasoned user experience designer with a passion for defining the future of how CNN users will interact with video content across all device types, from desktop to mobile to OTT. They are someone who thrives in a highly collaborative environment, and who is excited to work with other product designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists in order to achieve success. They will be responsible for building and growing CNN Digital video experiences that help inform & engage our users.
You will help drive the OTT product design vision, advocate for our users with a strong sense of user empathy, awareness at scale, and establish a highly collaborative workflow.
• You think 10FT UI, OTT, Streaming, Video Playback experiences are your natural languages.
• You will advocate for new ideas with ability to execute both thoughtful UX and intuitive UI design.
• You possess the ability to create multiple concepts and understand when to deploy the right level of design fidelity for the appropriate user validation approach.
• You embody a user-first, team-first mentality, and are constantly looking for ways to create world class product experiences.
• Comfort and familiarity with digital transformation will be required.
• Drive & execute on CNN's OTT product design efforts to create a compelling, valuable video-watching interface for our users across native TV app platforms.
• Identify opportunities to leverage data and prototypes to support user needs and business rationale.
• Employ user research, and analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them and identify pain points.
• Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and provoke new businesses.
• Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and across the company.
• Strive to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies, that bridges the OTT experience with the web and native app experiences.
• Design Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions, with an emphasis on solving for 10ft UI and building OTT experiences.
• 12 years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer.
• At least 4 years focused on OTT design.
• Mastery in UX software such as Sketch, Figma etc.
• Prototyping skills a plus
• Foundational understanding HTML and CSS.
• Exceptional track record to execute on product design strategy, mentor designers, and partner with cross functional team members.
• Experience building world class product experiences, streamline workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.