Sr. Quantitative UX Researcher
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT, and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, and ELEAGUE.com.
The Fan Experience Insights team is looking for an experienced quantitative researcher to complement our existing qualitative UX Research practice. The Sr. Quantitative UX Researcher is a part of the Fan Experience (FX) Research team that provides research and strategic insights across the Turner Sports portfolio and Bleacher Report. Our internal clients and partners develop world-class sports content and experiences across platforms that reach sports fans around the world.
This role requires versatility as a quantitative research specialist with the ability to support other research initiatives (across methodologies) as needed. This role will help the FX team provide rich, on-going, insights to a wide variety of partners in support of digital product development and design, marketing strategies, and on-air creative executions. Research activities will include uncovering sports fan interests, attitudes, behaviors, in addition to conducting audience segmentation, concept testing, promo/messaging, and user experience research.
Additionally, this role will partner closely with colleagues across the research team to triangulate data to tell the full 360 degree story behind the data.
Competitive candidates will be flexible, team players, knowledgeable of digital products, appreciative of sports, and curious about people, especially sports fans. The role reports to the Sr. Director, Fan Experience Insights and is a temporary role.
• Lead and conduct complex, multi-phase, and rigorous quantitative research studies from start to finish (e.g. study design, implementation, and analysis) using methods such as survey research and behavioral data analysis that deepen our understanding of our fans and the fan experience.
• Manage on-going fan tracker program including data analysis, insights creation, vendor management, and insight socialization to key stakeholders.
• Gather and communicate key insights that guide product, marketing, and creative strategy.
• Work in a highly collaborative fashion and build close partnerships within research, and across product, marketing, creative, content, and programming.
• Among other methods, you will use primary research from surveys, behavioral metrics, and market research to answer business questions, deliver actionable results and recommendations to our internal partners
• Make research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts.
• Advise partners and team members on quantitative and mixed-method research opportunities and best practices.
• Support other research initiatives as needed with activities including unmoderated remote studies, ethnography, diary studies in-depth interviews, etc.
• 3 years demonstrable experience in quantitative research, market research, and/or product user experience (UX) research, including surveys and data analysis.
• Proficiency with survey creation and remote testing platforms (e.g. Qualtrics, Suzy, UserTesting)
• Experience with data visualization, statistical analysis (e.g. SPSS, R), and data manipulation (e.g. SQL)
• Experience producing rich insights by bridging behavioral and attitudinal data.
• Can distill research findings into clear, and compelling data-backed presentations, data visualizations, and/or infographics.
• Tell compelling stories with data and are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant quantitative field, such as human-computer interaction (HCI), computer science, psychology, or statistics, or equivalent professional experience• Collaborative team player with strong written, visual, and presentation skills.
• Familiar with sports
• Knowledge and familiarity with qualitative research methods
• Must excel in producing and collaborating in team environment with other researchers.
• (The items listed below are ''preferred'' not ''must have'')
• MA/MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
• Experience conducting research for digital experiences, including video streaming, gaming, etc.
• Enthusiasm and interest in sports
• A portfolio of past quantitative research work experience.
• Must be comfortable working on tight deadlines in a ''just-in-time'' production environment.
• Must be willing to occasionally be available for research needs on weekends/nights.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.