Sr QA Analyst
Full Time Job
Sr QA Analyst (Video, Codecs, API, Automation)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.' industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio's enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr QA Analyst for the MSC - Media Software Engineer department.
The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at WarnerMedia enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all WarnerMedia affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia is looking for a hands-on Senior Software Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst with a strong passion and energy for testing and improving software quality for our media workflow. The Senior QA Analyst will work closely with the QA Manager to ensure media workflows are not impacted by systems changes.
• Work closely with other QA testers, Software Developers, Media Workflow Architects, Operations and Project Management teams to provide software quality assurance testing for media workflows
• Document and maintain test cases per functional requirement
• Perform functional, regression, and systems integration testing for media workflows
• Pro-actively seeks continuous improvements in test coverage, execution, and automation
• Provide effective communication regarding status of system under test
• Extensive knowledge of technical aspects of video such as aspect ratios, frame rates, codecs, video wrappers, audio track/channel layouts plus experience diagnosing quality problems associated with the transformation of media.
• 3+ years' experience in media workflow systems, including video encoding/transcoding, file movement, and automated quality control
• 3+ years' experience as a software tester and software automation
• 2+ years' experience with testing RESTful APIs
• 3+ years' experience in designing and implementing automated testing methodologies
• Skilled attention to visual detail
• Demonstrated knowledge of Agile development methodology
• Knowledge of current industry wide testing tools and techniques
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
• Operational knowledge of video processing tools such as Premiere Pro editing software, SDVI, ffmpeg CLI video encoder, IRIS, VLC, MacCaption caption software, and QuickTime video playback systems is desired
• Experience with Postman is desired
• Experience with Tosca TestSuite is a plus
• Bachelor of Science degree in MIS or Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.