Sr. Product Manager, Product Analytics
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
We are CNN. CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building the trusted new digital products, platforms, and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming-and the directions it goes next-directly in the hands of consumers.
The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we have an ambitious product roadmap grounded in journalism and facts. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. Underlying our aspiration is the belief that human-centered technologies can serve our consumers well-being while maintaining our journalistic values. We are taking a human-led, data-informed approach to build products and develop content that sparks connections, fulfills utility, and builds community.
We seek individuals who have a combination of online consumer product expertise, data literacy, content development and a growth mindset. We also seek individuals who value collaboration and can align team members to increase our speed and scale. Finally, we seek individuals who share our passion for building trusted new digital products, platforms, and content that put CNN's talent and expertise directly in the hands of consumers.
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Product Manager, Product Analytics for the DI Product DTC department. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Product Analytics, this role will help to develop the actionable insights behind CNN's emerging product strategy, transforming first- and third- party data into quantitative findings, dashboards, and visualizations. Core areas of focus and outcomes include:
Data Exploration. Leverage our internal data platforms to quantify and identify patterns in user engagement and activation, funnel optimization, and retention.
Reporting/Dashboard Development. Develop, maintain, and continuously improve product dashboards, with an eye toward the end business-user and their decision-making needs.
Analytical problem-solving. The ability to break down quantitative findings into meaningful insights and develop recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
This is a collaborative role that will work alongside engineers, analysts, and data scientists to impact cross-functional teams of product managers; revenue, content, and design strategists; consumer scientists; and audience researchers. You'll help make informed decisions faster by providing the tactical information necessary to better understand our users, content, and products.
• Partner closely with and serve as a data and analytics expert for emerging and existing products.
• Participate in answering ad hoc project and data requests from various business units and organizations.
• Design and build reports and/or dashboards that clearly communicate quantitative analyses of consumption patterns and content relationships.
• Build clear documentation around ad hoc analyses, methodology, and data definitions for raw and munged data.
• Collaborate with both the data intelligence organization and its technology partners to identify opportunities for new data products
• 5 years' experience working on or with cross-functional analytics teams, preferably within online direct-to-consumer (DTC) organizations.
• 3 years of data analyst or data science experience querying databases (SQL), leveraging a scripting language (R/Python) to analyze data, and/or using BI tools to deliver repeatable insights.
• Domain knowledge of the end-to-end consumer journey, including demonstrated ability to form questions and design supporting analysis.
• A quick learner who can work independently in a matrixed environment, with adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the users and business's changing needs.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal (ability to influence without hierarchy) and communication skills.
• Academic background in quantitative field such as business, marketing, behavioral science, or applied math a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.