Sr. Product Manager, Experimentation
Full Time Job
Sr. Product Manager, Experimentation (HBO Max)
This job is available in 3 locations
Burbank, California, United States New York, New York, United States Seattle, Washington, United States
As the Sr. Product Manager, Experimentation, you will be a strategic member of the Product Management & Product Experience team. You will be responsible for leading experiment ideation driven by data insights to create learning objectives. This role will work closely with Product Managers and Marketers to create learning agendas based on data, goals and hypotheses driven measurement plans and frameworks.
• Manage the Experimentation Program to support the rapidly growing business needs by optimizing the use of existing A/B testing platform.
• Develop and define standards and processes for experimentation and ensure tests are designed and analyzed properly.
• Define and implement a data-driven process for processing, prioritizing and scheduling experiments.
• Work with Product Managers to create experiment designs and learning agendas based on data, goals and hypothesis driven measurement plans/frameworks.
• Lead experiment ideation sessions driven by data insights to create learning objectives and test and learn agendas.
• Evangelize experimentation to the organization and educate stakeholders on key concepts.
• Structure research questions to ensure we are measuring the right behavior or KPI.
• Bachelor's degree required in Statistics or Data Science. MBA preferred.
• 5 years of experience in product management and measurement frameworks.
• Experience in market/user research, data analysis, or other ways to bring data into the scope to influence and support product decisions.
• Robust experience in A/B and multivariate testing, as well as client and server-side experimentation.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Optimizely Web & Full Stack, as well as Google Analytics, SQL, Amplitude and Snowflake.
• Ability to analyze data, derive actionable insights, and articulate consumer impact.
• Understand and execute A/B and multivariate tests (experiments) to learn about user/subscriber behavior and improve KPIs.
• Ability to formulate measurable hypotheses and act as a controller to avoid test collisions and ensure validity of results.
• Ability to QA and validate event tracking (instrumentation).
• Comfortable and experienced with synthesizing information for consumption by an executive-level audience.
• Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners.
• Must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs.
The Ideal Candidate
• Tons of passion for both the media/video industry, as well as product as a discipline.
• Possesses deep understanding of the video streaming industry.
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
• Has a very strategic mindset that focuses on outcomes over outputs.
• A self-starter – someone who thrives in taking the initiative and needs minimal directive.
• A proven track record of executing on a given area encompassing how to operate, create a plan to tackle it, getting it done, while also communicating with manager and the team to socialize the work they're doing.
• Great storytelling abilities – must be able to synthesize complex information into a well-formed narrative and deliver capably that narrative to various audiences.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.