WarnerMediaCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Perform Paralegal duties for pending cases being handled by in-house and outside counsel. Respond to subpoenas received by the company. Gather data relating to claims and litigation from throughout the company, and assist with review and production.
The Senior Litigation Paralegal will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
• Analyzes subpoenas received by the company.
• Identifies & contacts individuals who may have responsive documents/information, searches their files (including electronic files), and reviews/analyzes documents (including electronic information) for ''privilege'' & other issues.
• Conducts factual & basic legal research using computer data bases such as LEXIS & NEXIS, Pacer, various court databases, and those found on the Internet as well as libraries & other information sources.
• Responds to inquiries/requests by outside counsel, risk management, and others within the legal department.
• Assists in preparation of supervising attorneys for arbitrations, mediations, meetings, & other appearances.
• Performs various related tasks as requested by supervising attorneys.
• May represent company in small claims court matters, assists in supervising small personal injury lawsuits, and administers bankruptcy claims.
• Organizes and maintains investigation and litigation files.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree in related field required.
• Completion of paralegal school/certification preferred.
• Minimum 7+ years of legal experience at a professional level required.
• In-house paralegal experience, including entertainment industry experience, strongly preferred.
• Must have excellent PC and database skills including knowledge of MS Word & Excel, ability to perform internet database searches, and ability to work within corporate and external databases.
• Knowledge of the law and experience with a legal environment and the entertainment industry
• Must be highly organized and experienced at tracking multiple matters simultaneously.
• Must be able to communicate effectively & tactfully with all levels of personnel, in person, telephonically and by email.
• Must have excellent document organization skills.
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written & oral instructions.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints, in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work independently.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, show initiative and be a ''self-starter''.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.