Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Paralegal for the Studios & Nets Legal department.
This position is for a critical member of a rights management team that supports Warner Media's dynamic multi-platform content distribution strategies.
The person in this role will research and advise clients on Warner Media's rights to use series, documentaries, specials, and feature films on multiple platforms, including HBO Max and the websites and apps of the legacy Turner Broadcasting entertainment networks, TNT, TBS, TCM, Cartoon Network, and Adult Swim. He or she also will analyze, track, and manage key deal terms in the Rights Logic rights management system to ensure that timely rights information is available for internal clients and for integrated systems in the media supply chain.
• Review and analyze: (1) production and elemental agreements for original HBO Max, TBS, TNT, truTV, Cartoon Network, and Adult Swim programs and (2) third-party acquisition deals for series, documentaries, and feature films licensed for HBO Max and the legacy Turner networks.
• Identify and track rights and restrictions in rights management system for integrated validation of programming schedules and reporting to stakeholders.
• Collaborate closely with network legal teams to ensure appropriate interpretation of deal points and exploitation of content rights.
• Support Senior Counsel in answering rights inquiries from HBO Max and legacy Turner network programming teams, studio and network business affairs executives, network distribution clients, internal distribution stakeholders, and the international rights management team.
• Knowledge and use of multiple databases, computer applications and legal document management systems (i.e. Rights Logic, FileSite, Smartsheet, and Airtable, Excel).
• Minimum six to eight years of relevant work experience in the media industry or a reputable legal environment. Solid contract management and analysis required.
• Prior rights analysis and project management experience at a television or entertainment company preferred.
• Some college or equivalent work experience (see minimum experience requirements above).
• Knowledge of intellectual property rights and/or copyright licensing preferred.
• Ability to interpret/analyze contracts
• Project management skills
• Ability to use multiple databases, computer applications and legal document management systems. (i.e. Rights Logic, FileSite, Smartsheet, and Airtable, Excel) required.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.