Sr Manager Privacy Strategic Projects
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr Manager Privacy Strategic Projects for the Privacy COE department.
The WarnerMedia Privacy & Data Strategy Team helps drive the digital agenda for WarnerMedia, advising teams on how to use, share and protect our data to manage regulatory, brand and litigation risk across all of our products.
The Privacy Strategic Initiatives team is a group of privacy professionals who work alongside lawyers and technology teams to deliver key projects, as well as drive privacy strategy across the enterprise.
The Sr. Manager, Privacy & Data Strategy has knowledge of privacy and data compliance issues and works collaboratively with lawyers and business and technology stakeholders to lead cross-functional privacy projects, deliver harmonized solutions for the business, act as a subject matter expert (SME) on privacy and consent related initiatives, drive decisions at the executive level, and implement privacy by design across the WarnerMedia businesses.
The Sr. Manager, Privacy Operations will report to the Senior Director, Privacy & Data Strategy and will take ownership over high impact strategic privacy projects for the enterprise, providing both strategic direction and program management expertise. It is also expected that this person will mentor and/or manage more junior team members who may support or be impacted by these projects. This person will have a strong executive presence, and feel comfortable leading meetings, mediating through disagreements and maintaining alignment. The role includes primary responsibility for developing project plans and strategic vision for initiatives that span Privacy Attorneys, Privacy Technology teams, centralized data teams, and individual brands. Applicants to this role should expect to lead on high-visibility, consumer-facing projects and work with many of the program's key stakeholders. Familiarity with OneTrust is recommended but not required.
Evolving the vision of our work with Child-directed properties, driving the implementation of Unified Consent, overseeing new strategic privacy projects from ideation to implementation.
• Develop project plans and strategic vision for new and in-flight projects
• Drive execution of privacy strategy initiatives across cross-functional teams
• Facilitate the delivery of legal and technical requirements to impacted delivery and brand teams
• Understand data types and data flows across the business and how they are impacted by ongoing strategic projects
• Oversee management of consent language repository and consent guidance for brands
• Develop communications for executive level stakeholders within the COE as well as for brands on program fundamentals, impact and overall status
• 4 years experience in a privacy operations/data protection related field
• Experience leading cross-functional projects
• Bonus points for: Consulting/Project experience, Customer Service experience, legal operations experience, compliance operations experience, technology project management
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
• BA/BS degree in relevant field
• IAPP Certification a plus
• Advanced degree a plus
• Highly effective communication skills. Ability to maintain alignment across multiple stakeholders
• Highly organized approach to work
• Comfortable navigating novel scenarios
• Project / program / product management fundamentals
• Global privacy knowledge, including GDPR and CCPA, COPPA and AADC
• Technology savvy and capable of spotting privacy problems
• Strong analytical skills; able to understand and problem solve for complex issues
• Privacy knowledge and/or willingness and enthusiasm to dig into privacy issues
• Experienced in documenting and implementing milestones, tasks, responsible parties
• Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Experienced with OneTrust use and configuration
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail at all times, even with the most routine tasks
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.