Sr. Manager, On-Channel Marketing
Full Time Job
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
HBO Max seeks a Sr. Manager, On-Channel Marketing for the Growth Marketing department.
The Senior Manager, On-Channel Marketing sits on the Editorial team, and will assist in developing and implementing the on-channel marketing strategy and vision for the HBO Max platform. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing highly curated campaigns for consumers that combine WarnerMedia brands into one HBO Max voice, delighting users through engagement and discovery. You will collaborate closely across Editorial, Content, Marketing, Product, and other teams to develop strategies that increase subscriber acquisition and customer lifecycle value.
• Influence and contribute to an editorial vision and strategy for HBO Max that drives growth and engagement - with a focus on marketing landing pages, lifecycle campaigns and email newsletters
• With the Editorial Team Leads, oversee the strategy of scalable targeting to different audience segments to ensure that subscribers see the right content at the right time across marketing channels
• Establish a deep understanding of HBO Max's users to inform audience-first, data-driven segmentation strategies that drive KPIs including subscriber growth and customer lifetime value
• Oversee the Editorial team's responsibilities on the HBO Max .com site and landing pages, including planning and prioritization of curatorial efforts, liason with sub-brands and the editorial calendar
• Curate email newsletters and push notifications using data-driven inputs and business priorities
• Curate titles for acquisition and partnership campaigns based on HBO Max content that come to life through copywriting and design
• Verify and ensure that all editorial content upholds the HBO Max brand and product strategy
• Support Editorial internally, interfacing with Brand, Content, Marketing, Legal, and additional teams as needed
• Provide insights and analyses to drive the development of KPIs as they related to content curation and editorial strategy, as well as partnering with data analytics team to understand how our audience engages with content
• Develop, research and analyze new strategies to increase content consumption and drive interest, and identify and apply competitive and industry key learnings and trends
• 8 years of experience in digital editorial products specific to user engagement, marketing and streaming or related experience at an entertainment media company.
• Prior experience and success in setting strategic context and helping develop creatives.
• Robust experience in content editorial or marketing, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services
• Detail oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, able to delegate appropriate responsibilities to editors and managers.
• Developed creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
• Ability to actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and accountable with executive-level presence.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Has a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and steering great storytelling in the digital space.
• Effectively respond to cultural and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the data-driven personalization space and is a champion for the consumer.
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects.