Sr. Manager, Marketing Solutions
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia's News Ad Sales Marketing team is in search of a stellar candidate to join us as Senior Manager, Content Strategy working across our portfolio of brands: CNN, CNN Business, and HLN. The Senior Manager will play a key role in the development of digital tentpole and priority editorial sponsorship opportunities on behalf of the News division, working in partnership with linear content strategy; lead and ensure development of materials tied to upcoming marketing moments or cultural trends; and be responsible for leading digital editorial conversations in key verticals including CNN Politics, Digital Productions, and Special Projects as well as on-going proactive development and maintenance of key areas of editorial growth. The Senior Manager will be an extremely proactive, creative and enthusiastic leader and team player who thinks differently, sees the big picture, and can communicate exceptionally through written, verbal and visual languages. As the Senior Manager, Content Strategy, you'll be joining a team of integrated ad sales marketers and strategists working across all platforms: TV, digital, addressable, on-the-ground, social, audio and beyond. Your peers will work on client-specific pitches and packaging. Your responsibilities will be to partner with the CNN editorial team on the development of insight-led and culturally relevant sponsorship opportunities, partner with your WarnerMedia counterparts to develop cross-WM Portfolio opportunities, and to ensure the team is plugged-in to key editorial growth initiatives.
• Work alongside the VP, News Content Partnerships, Senior Directors, and Senior Editorial Stakeholders to brainstorm and develop best in class partnership opportunities and collateral for WarnerMedia News brands: CNN, CNN Business and HLN, gathering creative inputs from relevant sales, product and network partners and keeping in mind the cultural influence/relevance of the CNN brand
• Craft opportunity-specific sales materials inclusive of general packaging decks, one sheets, sizzles, playbooks, etc. in close collaboration with Marketing and Sales leads.
• Serve as key liaison with digital editorial for specific verticals such as CNN Politics and Digital Productions -- as well as other areas of opportunity as needed; working to develop collateral and packaging for sales and ensuring relevant teams are aware of these opportunities
• Serve as key point person with Planning, Yield, and Sales for pricing and packaging of digital sponsorship opportunities, ensuring alignment between groups and that value of editorial ideas is properly reflected
• Partner with Sales VPs to develop target account lists and identify potential clients, then partner with AEs on these pitches by joining brainstorm meetings, leading customization, etc.
• Work closely with colleagues on pitch-specific requests for Editorial, ensuring Editorial integrity is upheld, while also working to proactively develop strategic solutions that meet client KPIIs
• Play a leadership role in spearheading digital development of WarnerMedia tentpole and priority opportunities on behalf of the News division; working in partnership with linear content strategy
• Spearhead digital editorial insight gathering and sharing among Marketing Development team
• Stay abreast of the cultural landscape and the news publishing competition and keep an eye on what other publishers and brands are doing
• Lead additional special editorial projects as needed
• Minimum 5-7 years of related marketing experience in media, creative agency or brand.
• Exceptional storytelling and communication skills (written, verbal and visual) with demonstrable ability to craft compelling narratives in the form of presentations and one-sheets.
• Passion for the CNN brand, its place in the marketplace and an understanding of its importance
• Big picture thinker; ability to grasp on-the-cusp or nebulous concepts and find intrinsic value
• Ability to interact with and 'hold your own' with senior management; the role requires gathering feedback from a variety of stakeholders with calm and finesse- Quippy, clear and concise creative writing style. Avoidance of 'marketing-speak'
• Meticulous with keen eye for aesthetics (fonts, photography, color, alignment, etc) – you're not a designer, but could have been one in another life!
• Team player, always willing to lend a hand, regardless of exact job description
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities independently while communicating and collaborating effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
• Expertise in digital and social with strong understanding of emerging. Informed perspective on the overall media landscape, trends, consumption habits, and challenges. Knowledge of TV capabilities a plus.
• Detail-oriented, organized and extremely creative; creative problem solver
• Expertise in PowerPoint and Keynote
• Intrinsic curiosity and interest in the News marketplace and cross-screen media consumption.
• Ability to quickly learn and adopt to internal tracking systems and procedures.
• Upbeat, can-do, proactive attitude, with calm under pressure and a sense of humor.
• Driven to create and innovate!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.