Sr Manager, Creative
Full Time Job
Sr Manager, Creative (HBO Max)
Location: United States - California - Burbank, United States - California - Culver City, United States - New York - New York, United States - Washington - Seattle
HBO MAX launched in May 2020 featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. HBO MAX serves as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalog that spans the unmatched catalog of HBO content to the most recent movie releases from Warner Brothers. We're looking for talented team players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to Warner Media through strategic hard work and determination.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creatively-driven team member for the position of Sr Manager, Creative on an upcoming HBO Max feature focused on human recommendations. The role will help build and execute the vision for the feature and its content, developing and implementing all recommendations (video, audio, or text), collaborating with internal and external partners to find a diverse range of talent that speaks to all audience demographics, and ensuring that the experience exceeds user expectations and ladders up to business goals. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the content, editorial and core product teams to infuse these recommendations throughout the HBO Max experience.
• Conceptualize, develop and execute the feature's content and creative.
• Develop a creative vision for the feature and all of its content.
• Collaborate with writers and producers on content ideas, formats and scripts, pushing the creative boundaries of traditional recommendations and establish new creative standards.
• Collaborate with HBO Max's content, talent and editorial teams to attract top talent for the feature.
• Build strong relationships with internal business partners, executives, show-runners, and talent, as well as external agencies, to gather and maintain momentum for the feature.
• Leverage consumer research and engagement & platform data to refine and optimize the feature's content.
• Work with product, design and marketing teams to ensure the feature's visual and messaging consistency across all consumer touch points.
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure alignment to overall strategic vision and calendar
• Review and determine which improvement/engagement initiatives to implement
• Review and approve talent to approach and collaborate with agencies
• Review the feature's content, report findings and success metrics, including advising on next steps relating to insights and recommendations as well as updates to strategy
• 7-9 years creative leadership experience in ad agencies or entertainment companies. (Copywriter background preferred.)
• Deep experience working with content creators, influencers and influencer agencies.
• Proven leadership in the creation and implementation of content (especially video content) plus the ability to package and pitch those concepts.
• Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a manner that inspires and motivates others to understand, meet and exceed expectations.
• Consistently makes creative decisions with a view to business goals/growth.
• Worked at either a studio, network, or agency environment with knowledge of the layers and creative development process behind content creation and brings that experience to bear in a complex international organization.
• Excellent writing, brainstorming, and communication skills.
• Highly collaborative creative sensibility, with ability to be open minded to feedback and always seek out the best idea.
• Understanding and open-mindedness to data and analytics helping guide creative choices.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.