Sr. Manager, Activation
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Manager, Activation for the Content Partnerships, NEWS department. The Activation Senior Manager will lead the implementation of cross-platform marketing efforts for advertisers of CNN, CNNBusiness and HLN a role within WarnerMedia's News Ad Sales Marketing team . After a custom media program is sold to an advertiser, the Activation Senior Manager will be the primary driver and facilitator of the deal - supporting sales as the ''quarterback'' and main point of contact (POC) with our internal stakeholders, brand clients and agency partners. In addition, the Activation Senior Manager will play a leadership role within the Activation team. This includes spearheading ''tentpole'' marketing initiatives, managing team members, owning specific areas of focus or operational needs within the post-sale marketing process, and contributing to strategic planning for the group at large.
The Activation Senior Manager will liaise with many individuals and teams within the WarnerMedia Ad Sales organization, including sales, marketing, Courageous brand studio, content strategy, editorial, social media, PR, research, live events, etc. Collaboration is key as this person will ensure that all custom deliverables (branded content, design, technology, events, etc.) are flawlessly executed across WarnerMedia's channels (television, digital, social, mobile, experiential, etc.) on a centralized timeline that meets advertiser commitments. This person plays a critical role on the implementation of ground-breaking, revenue-driving, integrated marketing campaigns, helping WarnerMedia push the boundaries of what's possible in today's evolving world of branded content and media.
• Executing customized cross-platform, multi-touchpoint media and marketing programs which include elements such as sponsorships, branded content, social amplification, on-air, digital, mobile, experiential, innovative ad products, and more.
• Driving program implementation with integrated teams consisting of internal stakeholders, network counterparts, Agency representatives, and blue-chip brand partners across categories - clients ranging from automotive and financial to entertainment and pharmaceutical brands.
• Owning the process from kick-off of sold programs through launch and wrap up, which includes leading daily communications, asking critical business questions, determining opportunities for optimization to meet objectives and KPIs, synthesizing results, key learnings and best practices in partnership with internal teams, and providing actionable insights to aid in renewal discussions and for larger case study/benchmarking purposes.
• Managing and partnering with more junior team members on sold projects, providing strategic oversight, daily counsel and mentorship to support individual projects, team initiatives and junior members' career goals.
• Ownership of one or more special projects, such as ''tentpole'' marketing initiatives sponsored by multiple advertisers or strategic areas of focus for the team such as editorial sponsorships, digital ad unit execution, workflow with other departments, award submissions, partnerships, etc.
• Maintaining accurate status documentation for Activation team leadership, News Marketing team executives, and other team members.
• Leveraging relevant industry, competitive and brand intelligence to enhance marketing/ promotional partnerships and bolster WarnerMedia News (CNN, CNNBusiness, and HLN) leadership in the marketplace. Some project opportunities may include ''portfolio'' programs across WarnerMedia's entertainment divisions.
• Delivering daily with a client-focused attitude and a confident, enthusiastic, diplomatic approach - providing valuable solutions for brand clients, complex programs and high-profile WarnerMedia initiatives.
• 7-10 years of media or integrated marketing experience at a media company, agency or brand. Strong digital background and project management skills are essential.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proactive collaborator and problem-solver with demonstrated ability to oversee a project from concept to completion.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, be resourceful and make quick decisions while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable and confident working independently.
• Proven leadership skills and ability to manage and mentor junior members of the team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Passionate about brand storytelling and innovations in digital marketing and communications.
• Four-year college degree preferred.
• Experience in multimedia production, experiential, and/or managing budgets is a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.