Sr. Graphic Artist, CNN
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Graphic Artist for the CNN Design department.
This Sr. Graphics Artist position will design and produce feature show branding & graphic content, communicate with producers & support daily graphics requests. While monitoring emails, iNews & Teams chats and working on projects and requested elements as assigned by Graphics Supervisors. Design and execute the graphic orders usually under tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and visual clarity.
• Create graphics to support Design network programming with a focus on animated content.
• Accomplished motion designer with exceptional skills creating animated content for both program branding and explainer graphics.
• Able to develop animations for branded programming that effectively support key Editorial content goals in a dynamic, visually compelling manner.
• Able to take a verbal script and translate complex ideas into easily understandable visual presentations.
• Must possess excellent audio skills working with music, sound design and voice track.
• Exhibits exceptional branding skills. Is equally able to develop branding and work within defined style guides.
• Thorough understanding of Design standards and Style is appropriately applied and advocated on all projects.
• Sound editorial thinking applied when producing graphics in support of news content.
• Successfully manages time and resources to create a diverse scope of graphics supporting daily news and other network programming.
• Balances time vs workload to consistently deliver effective results.
• During breaking news, quickly determines graphic needs of both networks; promptly and accurately expedites all necessary elements.
• Follows through with the editorial staff of both networks to ensure all needs are met.
• Degree from accredited art school with emphasis in graphic design, motion design or related field (illustration, photography, industrial design, visual communications) or equivalent work experience.
• Displays outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with other teams under pressure.
• Embraces working in a diverse, collaborative environment and is willing to train and assist other designers on various levels.
• Actively contribute to overall positive and creative atmosphere of the department.
• Excellent computer, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Expert level at Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).
• Cinema 4D knowledge is a plus
• Knowledge of world news and current events.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.