Sr Financial Analyst
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will provide financial, strategic, and analytical support to the distribution division related to the distribution of WarnerMedia content, including networks such as HBO & HBO Max, TNT, TBS, and CNN for distribution partners and affiliates. The position will provide the opportunity to learn about all aspects of WarnerMedia's subscription revenue business and be a key contributor in the financial reporting process, including forecasts, budgets and long-range plans. Work closely across finance, distribution and business affairs on routine and ad-hoc deliverables, helping to create analysis, presentations and story behind the numbers. Main attributes of the role include developing an understanding of complex affiliate deals, analyzing key drivers behind subscriber revenue performance and keeping abreast of evolving industry trends as it pertains to WarnerMedia's subscription revenue business.
• Develop the monthly distribution forecasts, annual budget and long-range plans for top distribution partners and affiliates (e.g., Comcast, Charter). This includes Basic Cable networks, Premium networks, and associated app-based products (e.g. HBO Max). Develop a deep understanding of our affiliates, leveraging that knowledge to drive decisions around assumptions and analyses.
• Analyze Actuals results and associated forecasted revenue; produce variance reports and analyses to inform management of trends. Team with Accounting and Reporting groups to address identified issues. Internal and external ad hoc projects and reports as needed.
• Proactively investigate and communicate risks and opportunities to the business. Prepare and present analyses, formal presentations, and other information to the team and/or executives as needed. Generates new ideas and approaches to both a maturing traditional business as well as new businesses and distribution partners.
• Closely partner with Account Team and Reporting staff to explore issues ranging from reporting & payment to affiliate packaging strategy to audits. Support deal teams, as needed, by evaluating and analyzing all aspects of contracts and their financial implications.
• Support of the financial systems within the department including issue resolution, identifying enhancements, and supporting UAT processes.
• The Essentials
• Proven leadership, project management, and consulting skills.
• Executive level communication (verbal, written and listening) with the ability to effectively present concepts and analyses to senior management.
• Assertive, with confidence and maturity to question and challenge ideas.
• Strong analytical/problem solving abilities.
• Able to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships across the organization.
• Credibility to influence peers and management.
• Ability to balance attention to detail with an appreciation for the larger strategic ramifications of business decisions.
• Strong organization and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects in a team environment.
• Externally competitive and internally team-oriented.
• Highly committed with unquestionable business and personal integrity.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.