Sr. Data Analyst
WarnerMediaCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Data Analyst - HBO Max
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Data Analyst for the Data Intel&Op - HBO Max department. We have created a new Data Insights and Operations (DIO) group within HBOMAX Direct-To-Consumer Organization to make the streaming products more data-driven. This team is looking to hire a motivated Sr. Data Analyst who will be working closely with a team of highly motivated data engineers to build a state-of-the-art data platform to solve various data-driven use cases across the organization. This platform will host various data products such as but not limited to, Subscription, Content, and Product Analytics, Personalization and Recommendation, Marketing & Ad-Sales enablement. You will be charged with building a new core data platform in the cloud - handles both streaming and batch data processing, capable of solving any big data initiatives in scope now or evolving in the future as well. You will be helping the business to strategize data driven product roadmaps, working with the data engineering team to deliver a product that meets stakeholder needs.
This individual will bring in his/her business acumen in Direct To Consumer and technical expertise in a variety of big data analysis tools and frameworks to strategize and build various data needs across the HBOMAX platform.
• Help build and maintain data products such as but not limited to Subscriber, Product, Content and Ads Analytics.
• Work closely with stakeholders to understand and document requirements – both strategic and tactical in nature – educate stakeholders by providing data and insights where needed.
• Conduct deep data analysis in large consumer data in order to understand and support stakeholder needs.
• Work closely within data engineering sprint team to prioritize and build data products to meet the requirements, act as product lead when needed to educate engineers and clarify stakeholder requirements, support the team by conducting validation (UAT) when needed.
• Change how we think, act, and utilize our data by performing exploratory and quantitative analytics, data mining, and discovery.
• Think of new ways to improve business, present ideas to stakeholders to get buy in.
• Work closely with data engineers and business stakeholders to make data easily accessible and understandable to them.
• Ensure data quality by using data quality frameworks in place.
• Work closely with various other teams such as Security, Up Stream Data Providers, Governance, Program Management to deliver end to end product.
• Participate in supporting the platform 24X7.
• Be passionate about growing team – participate in hiring analysts and interns.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or Similar discipline.
• 5 years of experience in Data Analytics engineering
• 2 years of experience in direct to consumer and/or digital marketing domain.
• Go above and beyond attitude.
• Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure, agile environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn any new technologies and apply them at work in order to stay ahead of the curve.
• Excellent oral, writing and presentation skills – prior experience in conducting stakeholder meetings and presentations.
• Expertise in supporting at least one of the direct consumer subject areas such as Subscription, Content, Product or Ads Analytics.
• Expertise in at least a few scripting languages – Python, SQL or Similar
• Expertise in analyzing large amount of data using big data tools and frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Snowflake, RedShift or similar.
• Expertise in SQL, Spark SQL, Hive etc.
• Expertise in OLAP databases such as Snowflake or Redshift.
• Experience with Analytics Tools such as Looker, Tableau is preferred.
• Cloud (AWS) experience is preferred
• Machine Learning experience is preferred.
• Ability to learn and teach new languages and frameworks.
• Strong team focus with outstanding organizational and resource management skills
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.