WarnerMediaBuenos Aires, DF
Full Time Job
Location: Argentina - Buenos Aires
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Employment Counsel for the Corporate Legal department. This position will provide employment-related legal advice to business units operating throughout Latin America in a manner that minimizes potential legal liability while permitting operational business goals to be achieved with minimum disruption. The position will also oversee litigation and partner with human resources, legal affairs, and compliance office staff to develop, implement, and interpret company policies, procedures, and programs per best practice and applicable laws.
• Researches and responds (both verbally and in writing) to inquiries from human resources and other corporate business partners regarding employment law issues, including employee discipline, leaves and accommodation, reorganizations and reductions in force, diversity and inclusion, and wage and hour issues.
• Represents WarnerMedia and its affiliated companies in both adversarial (administrative, arbitral, and judicial hearings) and cooperative dispute resolution proceedings.
• Analyzes, drafts, negotiates, reviews, and revises agreements, policies, and programs that govern employment and contingent worker relationships.
• Supervises internal employment-related investigations.
• Ensures that employment-related claims are addressed promptly and thoroughly and are resolved in a manner designed to minimize potential liability.
• Responds to third-party communications, including claims and administrative investigative complaints.
• Develops and presents training workshops on harassment, bullying, respectful workplace, diversity and inclusion, and other employment law-related topics.
• Supervises and/or partners with outside counsel to manage adversarial proceedings throughout Latin America in the most effective and cost-conscious manner.
• Supervises any paralegal and clerical subordinates in the performance of legal-related tasks.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• Minimum 8 years practice in labor/employment field
• Highly rated law firm experience
• In-house employment experience preferred.
• Litigation experience required; trial experience preferred.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Juris Doctorate with strong academic credentials from an accredited legal institution required.
• Must be licensed to practice law in Argentina.
• Must be fluent in oral and written Spanish.
• Must be able to prepare, negotiate, and interpret agreements and other legal documents.
• Must be able to research legal questions and provide written and oral advice.
• Must be able to supervise and evaluate paralegal and clerical subordinates engaged in the performance of law-related tasks.
• General office activities: walking, standing, sitting, speaking, listening, lifting, bending, finger manipulation, etc.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully in person, in writing, and by telephone.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to function well as a member of a team.
• Must be able to develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff and executives at all levels.
• Some air travel required.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.