Sports Research T3
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT, and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, and ELEAGUE.com.
WarnerMedia seeks a Sports Research T3 for the Sports Sales Research department.
• The T3 internship in Sports Research is a unique opportunity to work with some of the biggest sports brands in the world!
• This is an opportunity to learn about positioning consumer attitudes and behavior and to help generate revenue and knowledge points around the media and sports landscape.
• Using data and personal knowledge about sports, this role will support the ad sales team by analyzing data from industry-leading sources, finding key insights, & storytelling to showcase the strength of the Turner Sports portfolio within a highly competitive media marketplace.
• The T3 will have the opportunity to work with colleagues on all levels in the areas we support including ad sales, marketing/sponsorships, strategic planning and finance across linear, digital and social platforms.
• If you are interested in blending and building your passion and knowledge of sports with an analytical approach to business questions this will be an exciting opportunity for you!
• Collecting, analyzing and summarizing data from primary and secondary sources for daily and ad hoc reporting
• Using software applications (such as: Nielsen products, MRI, Star Media, comScore, etc.) to extract information and insights on programs and consumers
• Creating presentations and other data visualization documents for informing internal clients and positioning Turner Sports within the marketplace
• Provide insights on future trends that impact Turner Sports' business opportunities and the Sports/Media industry at large
• Contributing sports knowledge and analytical expertise during department meetings and strategy sessions
• Coordinating with Programming and the Atlanta Research team to input program schedules and other critical information into the NCL database
• This position reports to the Manager, Turner Sports Ad Sales Research
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• 6 months to 2 years of work experience or a relevant internship is preferred
• Ability to master new software and technology
• Skills and experience with data analysis and/or data visualization is preferred
• Must have attention to detail, with strong math skills preferred
• Solid writing and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Nielsen software and/or analytics platforms is a plus
• Previous experience in Media or Ad Sales Research is a plus
• Knowledge and interest in sports is a plus
T3 Trainee Program
• The Turner Trainee Team (T3) program is designed for recent college graduates who have a driving desire to succeed in the media industry.
• Trainees will be selected to receive a hands-on learning experience for 11 months in Turner's leading divisions.
• All T3's must be no more than 2 years post-graduation from an accredited university.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.