WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Social Strategist (Temporary)
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Underscored is looking for an experienced social media pro who can commit to 35 hours per week and expand our strategy and grow our presence on TikTok and Instagram. The temporary Social Strategist will be responsible for contributing to the high-level strategies, creating and packaging social-first video content for these channels, and authentically communicating with
our followers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for commerce and high-quality journalism and the drive to take our social media efforts to the next level with effective storytelling and engagement tactics that will attract new followers as well as resonate with our existing social community. They should also be able to translate data and analytics into actionable suggestions
across platforms and work in close collaboration with the social team. This is a key position with potential for growth, reporting to Underscored's Senior Digital Content Strategist. Our ideal candidate has an impressive and proven track record of growing engaged Instagram and TikTok audiences for national brands or media outlets, understands best social practices, and feels comfortable juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced media environment. Previous experience with social commerce and other social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest is a plus.
• Contribute to the overall, high-level TikTok and Instagram strategies aimed at growing followers, engagement, click-thru, and revenue
• Actively pitch TikTok products that resonate with the Underscored brand and audience and creatively execute weekly videos using Adobe Premiere Pro and any relevant trending sounds, visuals, copy, and hashtags
• Work closely with the Senior Digital Content Strategist to create and package Instagram Reels-specific content that attracts new followers and reach high views, impressions, and click-thru
• Actively monitor social trends, including design, applications, and strategies, and present insights and actional suggestions to the Senior Digital Content Strategist
• Track your video content's performance across TikTok and Instagram and translate data and analytics into actional suggestions
• Create monthly organic Outbrain campaigns and contribute to other social platforms as needed
• 2 or more years' Instagram and TikTok experience at a national brand or media outlet, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest is a plus
• 1 or more years' social video experience, must be familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro
• Proven track record of expanding social reach and creating high-performing content
• Must be familiar with social media publishing tools, Later and Canva is preferred
• Must be comfortable being on camera
• Flawless grammar and spelling
• Strong understanding of data and analytics, Crowdtangle experience is a plus.
• Strong creative and communication skills
• Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to organize and manage many different tasks at once
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.