Senior Staff Product Manager
Full Time Job
Senior Staff Product Manager - CNN Politics
Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
As a member of the world-class CNN Politics digital products team, the Senior Staff Product Manager is an experienced product lead who collaborates with designers, developers, researchers, content strategists, product marketers and product analysts to build and grow CNN Politics product experiences.
You will help us drive our business objective of deepening relationships with our users, and growing engagement and retention.
You will learn about the habits of our users and identify problems worth solving. You will create a strategy based on user and market research, test prototypes, ship accessible, consumer-focused product experiences across platforms, measure results and iterate accordingly.
You will identify value propositions by exploring the role politics plays in users' lives during and beyond elections, and building experiences that help users map the vital issues of the day to their kitchen table.
You will steer the holistic view of the product suite across integration (customer and technical) points to provide a superior seamless consumer experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
While most of the Politics team resides in the New York, Washington D.C, and Atlanta metro areas, we are flexible with regards to location and remote work. Our organization is currently working entirely remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Define the product vision based on a deep understanding of users' needs and problems and transform that vision into product strategy and quarterly directional roadmaps. Work in partnership with your scrum, editorial, and analytics team through product discovery, go-to-market and optimization.
• Utilize qualitative research and quantitative data to identify the right user problems to solve.
• Conduct competitive/market analysis to identify and size user segments and target markets.
• Identify experiments to validate solutions and strategies in collaboration with partners in research, product marketing, editorial and design.
• Gather, prioritize and document product requirements from cross-functional teams and stakeholders on multiple business levels.
• Establish program and product goals, helping to identify and mitigate risks, tracing progress, resolving conflicts, ensuring quality and reporting on status.
• Manage and/or facilitate the trade-off process during requirement definition and reviews to ensure releases are delivered against business objectives.
• Set key performance metrics and OKRs to define success for products and the strategy. Set up and monitor dashboards to measure performance and drive iterative development.
• Consistently calibrate the user experience of products, leveraging data and business analysis.
• 12 years product management work experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience. MBA preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to create a product strategy based on user needs that deliver value to both the customer and the business.
• Experience in building and managing subscription products.
• Knowledge of D2C and related business models.
• Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders, and communicate insights across multiple levels of the organization.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience working in SCRUM/Agile frameworks
• Strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative approach to work; a passion for learning is critical.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
• Takes smart risks and champion new ideas.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.