Senior Staff, Product Management
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Staff, Product Management for the Core News, Web, Product department.
You're a design strategist with a passion for building mobile application experiences that users will want to keep coming back to. You are an expert in understand human centered design and have a large toolbox of methods you can use to better understand users. You also know how to identify new product opportunities based on your perception of user needs as well as technological, social and market trends.
You have a deep curiosity for the news and media world and see countless opportunities to improve today's consumer experiences using technology. You champion the voices of the CNN users; everyday, you drive value for the users that also align with CNN's long-term business strategy. You are able to translate and communicate user needs to different functional groups, including technical and editorial teams.
You are results oriented and want to see user insights be transformed into real product features. You want to join a growing design strategy practice and help build it. You are excited to be part of a new wave of product leaders who are transforming the way our organization thinks about user centered design. You are creative and entrepreneurial and know how to tailor messages to different audiences.
• Lead user-centered design sprints with multidisciplinary teams.
• Design, develop and lead qualitative user research activities and contextual design investigations to understand user behaviors, pain points and motivations.
• Extract and synthesize novel insights about mobile user behavior.
• Design, develop and guide quantitative research to validate or disconfirm insights.
• Develop personas / behavioral archetypes, customer journeys, service models (among other frameworks) to help product teams empathize with users and identify opportunities for new products and features.
• Lead workshops and meetings with multidisciplinary teams to synthesize insights and ideate new product solutions.
• Guide the prototyping and testing of feature concepts with users.
• Promote design thinking methodology throughout the organization.
• Contribute to the development and evolution of design strategy capabilities at CNN Digital.
• 10 years of Design Strategy experience, preferably in the development of digital products.
• Postgraduate qualification (Masters or higher) or significant experience in building mobile products or platforms.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of managing various stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Architecture, Business, Psychology, Computer Science, Engineering, HCI, or another relevant field.
• Notable portfolio of projects that demonstrates capabilities in Human Centered Design, User Research and Prototyping
Nice To Haves
• Industry or academic publications on design methodology.
• Experience in building consumer media products.
• Startup or Agency experience.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.