Senior Staff Product Designer/ Researcher
This was removed by the employer on 4/30/2021 7:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Staff Product Designer/ Researcher jobs in Remote-US
Search all Senior Staff Product Designer/ Researcher postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Staff Product Designer/ Researcher? The Job
As a Sr Staff Product Designer / UX Researcher, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading experiences enjoyed by millions of news audience across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital video experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Sr Staff Product Designer / UX Researcher, CNN Digital Video Experience & Platforms (VXP) is an experienced advocate for users to help envision the global video space for CNN.
You enjoy working in a startup environment, the researcher will be instrumental in building new streaming experiences that will attract and engage new audiences and redefine the current landscape.
You think 10FT UI, OTT, Streaming, Video Playback experiences as your first natural language.
You will act as a thought leader among Product Design and Research, providing a clear vision for the future of UX, UI, research methodology and demonstrate ability to implement forward thinking product experience. You know when to use mixed-methods background (experts in both qualitative and quantitative methods) who will design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right question.
You will plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research, partnering with research teams, product designers, product leads and other stakeholders to set the research vision and roadmap.
Oversees and executes across all phases of the product design process from conception to implementation to include (but not limited to) wireframing, prototyping, and research synthesis.
Comfort and familiarity with digital transformation will be required.
You live in the direct-to-consumer space.
• Partner with our research department to help lead the research process from screening participants and defining test plans to analyzing data and synthesizing results in a fast-paced environment.
• Conduct competitive/market analysis to identify audience segments and develop user journeys that reflect the needs and pain points of those segments.
• Explore insights about users through a variety of methods whether it be surveys, interviews, data analysis, usability studies, diary studies, and ethnographic observation, or a new method.
• Choose and define appropriate metrics that reflect the quality of the user experience, as well the impact of design changes.
• Effectively communicate methodologies and be able to take a variety of inputs including analytics, survey results, user behavior, and other data to craft actionable and unbiased recommendations.
• Explore new tools and process improvements to enhance how UX research delivers value.
• Proactively identifies & provides thoughtful solutions to complex UX problems.
• Provide structured mentorship for other product designers, including technical training & coaching.
• Must be comfortable in a fast-moving collaborative organization.
• 12 years of experience (including internships) as a UX researcher or research analyst.
• Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and Research solutions.
• Background in Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology or Social Science preferred.
• Knowledge of user experience and user research methodology and theory.
• Passionate about research methodology in general. Good understanding of statistics and analytics.
• Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders such a Product Management and Engineering.
• Strong problem-solving aptitude and a natural curiosity for how experiences come together.
• Strong communication and presentation skills; experience presenting complex ideas to colleagues in compelling and actionable ways.
• Expertise in UX design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, and Sketch.
• Proficient in Excel, usability study software, and/or statistical research software.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Paid time off every year to volunteer Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies2018 Best Company for Working Mothers2018 Best Company for Dads An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands WarnerMedia, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.