Senior Research Analyst - Ad Sales Marketplace
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Marketplace Insights team supports WarnerMedia Ad Sales by following and quantifying industry trends to keep decision-makers informed. The team provides competitive and macroeconomic insights through quarterly reporting on the advertising landscape across linear television and digital video, as well as tailored deep dives into specific questions from sales leadership. As appropriate, the team delivers proactive updates on media trends to the broader research team and/or ad sales leadership.
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Research Analyst for the Portfolio Sales Research department.
The Senior Analyst will support media marketplace reporting and an ongoing perspective on the advertising landscape, including linear television, digital, and social media. Projects include regular reporting on viewership/ad spend and competitive performance, supply and demand projections, support for ad sales strategy initiatives across the WarnerMedia linear/digital portfolio, category/agency/advertiser-level insights and targeting, competitive benchmarking, forecasting, etc.
Examples of role expectations:
• Select best combination of available data sets to model advertising marketplace (linear television, digital, social) to the highest level of accuracy
• Present key findings and uncovered opportunities to sales management and key stakeholders
• Demonstrate a solid and continued growing understanding of data analytics
• Relate team's work to core business opportunities and challenges
• Help uncover actionable insights from findings and/or learnings
• Constantly use critical thinking (e.g., when assessing third-party reports, our own research processes, and our perspectives)
• Proactively research and track marketplace trends to inform advertising forecast models and identify growth opportunities
• Track latest developments across the ad-supported streaming landscape
• Maintain and dynamically assess proprietary market structure and models to allow tracking and forecasting of linear television and digital video supply/demand
• Track patterns of advertising spend by category while considering industry headwinds/tailwinds including sales, marketing campaigns, product launches, economic indicators and changes in technology
• Support the team and external partners in the creation of a central data repository for marketplace information, and the development of subsequent reporting automation
• Create data visualizations to simplify and focus information
• Work with team to prepare reports and presentations, highlighting key insights
• Proactively develop new ideas to solve business problems for internal and external clients; look outward for new ideas and industry trends using analyst reports and relevant press coverage
• Build and enhance key relationships with internal contacts and external research firms and data partners
• Interact with peers in management, customers, and vendors to interpret information and to maintain and improve cross-functional processes and programs
The Marketplace Insights team is committed to maintaining a candid working environment that fosters communication, honesty, innovation, and teamwork. The ideal candidate is resourceful and self-motivated, demonstrates c ritical thinking and creative problem-solving, and works well both independently and as part of a team. Curious candidates who take initiative will thrive in this multi-faceted environment.
• Need to have
• 3 years of relevant work experience including linear television, digital, and social media marketplace knowledge
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent verbal, written, and EQ communications skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookups, Index-Match, Pivot Tables, Data Connections/Queries, etc.; VBA/Macros a plus)
• Willingness to incorporate feedback and a dedication to learning
• Nice to have
• Familiarity with SQL, Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, and/or similar analytical software
• Familiarity with industry-specific software applications that extract data from primary sources (e.g., Nielsen, SMI, Pathmatics, comScore, etc.)
• Understands best practices and technical requirements for advertising measurement
• Well-versed in latest media trends, platforms and technologies
• Familiarity with data architecture, data engineering, data science
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.