Senior Programmer, Rendering
Full Time Job
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Since its launch in 2010, Warner Bros. Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios' biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing AAA videogames.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Rendering Programmer to work on core rendering technology for its newest games. As a programmer in the rendering team, you will help us further extend and innovate key visual technology for our games. You will also potentially contribute and interact with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, optimization, tools, multithreading and more.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals with the capability and drive to build innovative graphics technology for current-generation platforms. We also want passionate, creative, communicative and committed people with a strong desire to explore and master new areas of real-time rendering. We also encourage our employees to be involved and driven, and in return we provide great individual freedom and autonomy, and true influence.
We are looking for a rendering programmer, individual contributor who has experience with Unreal Engine and has strong D3D12 background, HLSL, consoles XP. The current focus is shipping the project, profiling & optimization, supporting gpu stability. We are a small team, 4 PPL working on a single project.
• In this individual contributor role, you will work in collaboration with artists, research, and design to implement, optimize and maintain rendering features.
• For optimizing systems: CPU, GPU, framerate, memory usage and load-times.
• Working with content creators to help refine their workflows.
• Identify problems and create solutions.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
• 7+ years game industry or related programming experience.
• Experience with Unreal Engine.
• Strong knowledge of several real-time rendering topics (lighting, shading, shadows, global illumination, post-processing, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of PC, SONY Playstation 4 and Microsoft XboxOne development.
• Extensive experience working on AAA console titles.
• Knowledge of Graphics APIs (DirectX 11/12, Consoles) and Graphics Pipelines.
• Strong D3D12 background.
• Expert knowledge of HLSL.
• Experience researching, developing & optimizing rendering techniques & systems on multiple platforms.
• Technical demo or publication(s) are a plus.
• Experience with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, streaming, rendering, animation, editors, build tools, and more.
• Must be able to work closely with artists and other programmers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
• Ability to architect, program and optimize C/C++ in existing or new systems, and with a focus on one or more game related specialties.
• A passion for video games.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or other relevant field.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios' biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .