Senior Producer, Planning, CNN
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - Remote
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Senior Producer will work closely with CNN's emerging products team and create content for next-generation products. In this role, you will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content.
This Senior Producer will manage a team dedicated to the programming and planning of innovative video concepts and original live programming. Strong editorial judgement, superior booking skills, and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required. This individual should be a voracious consumer of news. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to pitch and develop content accordingly is necessary. This position reports to the Supervising Producer and plays a key role as a people manager leading a team and building the team's capabilities. Experience in digital and/or live television news production is required.
• Oversee development and booking strategy of daily/weekly programming and special projects
• Coordinate the planning team's booking assignments to ensure they align with efforts across the network and organization
• Build relationships with internal and external newsmakers and their representatives
• Create and develop future planning strategy and editorial calendar
• Work closely with UX research teams to analyze data and make informed decisions
• Manage live productions and post-production project distribution
• College degree or equivalent
• 8 years of news production and futures planning, or related experience
• 1-2 years directly or indirectly managing others
• Proven experience in live show production and booking
• Proven experience managing top talent, newsmakers, and their representatives
• Outstanding editorial judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and organization skills
• Extensive knowledge of digital media industry
• Proven ability to lead a team through change; works well under pressure
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.