Senior Player Programmer
Full Time Job
Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Player Programmer who is ready for the challenge of bringing the Suicide Squad to life in our upcoming multiplayer AAA title on next generation platforms.
• As a member of the Player Team you will be responsible for delivering a range of gameplay features including character traversal mechanics, camera, and controls with significant responsibility over design of these features as well as code architecture.
• You will be working closely with designers, producers, animators, artists, and QA to drive features through all stages of production, taking a collaborative approach.
• You will be responsible for implementing features to a high quality, in a network friendly manner, providing tools, documentation and support including automated tests and low-level debugging.
• You will have a focus on both fast iteration but also maintainable, well-structured high-quality code.
• You will proactively anticipate and identify requirements for technical and workflow issues, maintaining a solution-oriented mindset and can-do attitude.
• You will be a positive, active, and contributing team member, both within the team and across the studio
• An advanced understanding of C .
• A good understanding of game technology principles.
• Solid understanding of 3D maths.
• Demonstrable video game design skills.
• Experience working on player character control, traversal and camera mechanics.
• Excellent communication skills and a passion for collaboration.
• An enthusiasm for cross team collaboration and the concerns of other game development disciplines.