Senior New Media Designer, CNN Design
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. New Media Designer for the CNN Design department. The Sr. New Media Designer is responsible for software architecture, integration, operations/engineering support, development in new software (u-touch/magic wall), as well as some of their typical design abilities. This position will work in conjunction with the New Media Producers/Magic Wall team as well as Viz operations support.
• Develop design concepts and see projects through to completion and implementation on multiple platforms.
• This regularly includes the creation of innovative user interface solutions as well as testing and continued support for the created real-time graphics systems.
• Effectively communicate with Art Directors and Producers to coordinate production and distribution of design elements.
• Coordinate efforts with personnel in Editorial, Broadcast Operations, and Engineering on the delivery, implementation and quality control of new products and workflows.
• Develop unique scripting solutions for the Vizrt design and playout environments as well as the Design Vizrt infrastructure. Troubleshoot and diagnose application and system-related issues and bugs.
• Assist in managing and organizing assets within the Vizrt folder structure. Design and animate scenes in Viz Artist Build templates and variants in Wizard and Template Manager, Trio font codes, style guides for produces Monitor air, verify pilots and fonts are working properly Work closely with Eliza, Promos and Master Control.
• Verify they have all the tools needed and they are working properly Troubleshoot any Viz related issues, work closely with EGOs, directors, producers, and design team regarding workflow and new ways we can tell a story using Viz
• 4 years of television production, or equivalent work history, with extensive experience supporting live and in-studio regular programming.
• The ability to juggle projects, never missing a deadline, and producing top-notch work Degree from accredited art program with emphasis in graphic design, web design, illustration, 3d animation, visual communications or related field, or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of graphic design.
• Completed coursework in computer science is beneficial.
• Design, animation, coding, creative thinking, attention to detail, organized, communication, plans ahead, handles stress well, multitasking and juggle projects, ability to take direction, good listener Knowledge of Windows and MacOS platforms, Viz Artist, Template Wizard, Trio, Object Store, Director, Photoshop, After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.