Senior Manager, Global Retail Experience and Tours Technology
Full Time Job
Location: Japan - Tokyo
Who are the GREATT team
GREATT are part of the WarnerMedia Technology group and look after the tech that supports our Global Retail,
eCommerce and Tours businesses. They are responsible for all operational, digital, marketing, and guest-facing
technologies, as well as serving as the central hub for all technical support activities.
The GREATT Portfolio spans across the following key businesses and their back-end operations:
• WB Studio Tour London
• WB Studio Tour Hollywood
• WB Studio Tour Tokyo (opening 2023)
• Platform 9 ¾ Retail Shops, London
• Harry Potter On Location, London
• Harry Potter Flagship Store, NYC
You will be heading up the GREATT Technology group for the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in Tokyo; working in closecollaboration with peers from our existing portfolio and leveraging technical specialists as needed, both across the GREATT team and wider WarnerMedia Technology group, globally.
You will be curious enough to understand and discover what is possible and where business efficiencies can berealized through improved technology solutions and innovation. You will have ownership of the Tokyo technology portfolio and champion business change to enable high adoption.
As Sr Manager of the Tokyo Tour, you will be overall responsible for the successful delivery of projects in Tokyo, as well as For ensuring the business receive first class technical service and support, both in their B2B and B2C operations.
Core responsibilities will include
• Leading our onsite team, 3rd party implementation partners and other WM technical teams whom we may have dependencies with.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and sustainment of outstanding business partner relationships, both locally and internationally, is integral to this role.
• Prior experience to implementing projects that include both B2C and B2B applications, as well as a mixture of Digital and Operational systems will be of great value for the successful execution of this role.
• Prior experience in multi-geography implementations is highly desirable, as many of our projects have a global reach.
• A solid understanding of application infrastructure and system integrations is required, whilst strong experience in as many of the following is highly desirable: Ticketing, Websites, eCommerce, Retail POS, Warehousing, Customer Service and Analytics. Experience in operating within PCI landscapes will be considered advantageous.
• This person will be energetic, meticulously organised, have good communications skills, and able to balance multiple concurrent activities. They are expected to inspire and nurture a motivated team environment.
• Strong leadership to quickly adapt, re-prioritize and plan in-line with critical business or operational change.
• Positive and effective collaboration with other WarnerMedia Technology groups and Business Unit resources is essential.
• Available to work flexible hours to accommodate offshore collaboration, as well as responding during off-hours to lead resolution of critical project issues or operational incidents is expected.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar -- strongly preferred
• Post-Graduate degree -- preferred
• BA Diplomas / Certifications -- preferred
• PM Diplomas / Certifications -- preferred
• ITIL or similar Service Diplomas / Certification --preferred
• In-depth understanding of Business Processes & Requirements and effectively inputting those into the
• GREATT global strategy for appropriate technical solutions
• Strong understanding of technical infrastructure, integrations, and overall portfolio architecture
• Ownership of the technology OPEX and CAPEX budgets
• Oversight of project and operational spend against budgets, across portfolio
• Been responsible for BU Executive Stakeholder Management
• Ensure team readiness and oversee the execution of integration, cutover and roll-back activities
• Exercise Compliance, Cyber Security and Data Privacy diligence and ensure solutions adhere to WM guidelines
• Own or assist in 3rd party vendor contract (e.g. SOW and MSA) reviews
• Own or assist in the preparation of executive communications
• Oversee new system/function transition to the Service group for BAU, following project completion
• Travel between the WBSTT physical locations (Tour, Warehouse, Call Centre) will be essential
• Travel outside of Japan will also be required, but limited to business needs and is not anticipated to be
Please visit the Warner Bros. Studio Tour (Tokyo) site for more information about the Tour - https://www.wbstudiotour.jp/
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.