Senior Manager, Analytics
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Manager, Analytics for the DI Product DTC department. We are seeking a Sr Manager to join our Data Intelligence team as a subject matter expert in Growth Analytics. This individual will be a thought leader for all things growth analysis & reporting, building the insights that will be leveraged by a range of cross-functional teams to strategically grow CNN's digital presence. The Sr. Manager of Growth Analytics should have a deep understanding of data infrastructure and growth marketing technologies, and first hand experience tying together multiple data sources to impact user growth.
Core areas of focus and outcomes include:
1. Measurement Framework. Lead the definition, implementation, and adoption of KPIs that empower the business to optimize the growth funnel for CNN's emerging and digital products.
2. Exploratory Analysis. Perform user data exploration and modeling to quantitatively drive projects like prospecting and retargeting initiatives.
3. Insights Communication. Design reports and dashboards that place quantitative insights directly in the hands of stakeholders and executives, with an eye to transforming bespoke growth analytics into data products.
This is a collaborative role. You'll work to accomplish objectives with cross-functional teams and peers, including product managers; revenue, content and design strategists; data engineers; consumer science analysts; and qualitative researchers. You'll lead through influence to challenge assumptions in favor of building and maturing a data-driven, insightful culture that has the insights it needs to make informed decisions fast and deliver impactful experiences.
• Serve as central point-of-contact for growth and performance analytics, connecting marketing, revenue, engineering, consumer science, and research teams.
• Develop metrics for growth KPI tracking, including the definition of content metadata and new user events required for monitoring and instrumentation.
• Conduct detailed analyses such as identifying opportunity audiences and growth trends to create tangible insights that inform product, content, and revenue strategy.
• Effectively form and communicate content recommendations based on data analysis to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Operationalize access to data, dashboards, and critical insights - and conduct training to empower teams to self-serve the data and dashboards they need.
• Build proactive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams in the company so you understand the relevant questions and needs of the business and use that to advise your analysis.
• Partner with data platform and engineering team to continually interrogate the tools, methods, and processes supporting analysis to optimize the cost and function of our tech stack.
• 8+ years' experience working on or with cross-functional growth and performance marketing, preferably within online direct-to-consumer (DTC) organizations
• 3+ years of management experience
• 5+ years of data analyst or data science experience, including strong statistical and data modeling skills (examples: SQL, R, Python), hands-on analysis, and data wrangling from complex data sets
• 3+ years' experience implementing and supporting self-serve growth analytics and visualization tools (examples: MixPanel, Amplitude, Looker, etc.)
• Strong domain knowledge of interrogating the end-to-end consumer journey, including demonstrated ability to partner with Marketing, Finance, and Revenue leaders (to form questions and design supporting analysis)
• Demonstrated ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data, organize findings, and translate into actionable insights
• A quick learner can work independently in a matrixed environment, adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the users and business's changing needs
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal (ability to influence without hierarchy) and communication skills
• Academic background in quantitative field such as marketing, econometrics, behavioral statistics, finance, or computer science a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.