Senior Financial Analyst
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst U Domestic Networks
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Financial Analyst – Domestic Networks for the Rptg & Decision Support Svcs department. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for and provides decision support to Finance, Accounting, Corporate and Operating Unit FP&A teams and LOB team members with:
• Analysis, financial reporting & planning support for full P&L consolidation for Turner Networks (including TNT, TBS, and truTV).
• Completes actual, forecast and budget reporting, ad hoc analysis and other requests for T-nets and at times KYAC (Kids, Young Adults, and Classics) reporting segments.
• Consolidates capital reporting and advises Finance and Accounting as needed.
• Accounting & Reporting:
• Consolidate variances, assemble monthly actuals rollforward and P&L packages, and present variances to Finance and Accounting leadership.
• Prepare variance analysis [MTD/QTD/YTD] (vs. PY, budget and Prior Forecast) for submission to Warner Media FP&A. Prepare any supplemental schedules as requested (FX, COVID, etc.)
• Prepare actuals reporting including revenue & expense details vs. PY and Budget, P&L's, etc. to facilitate variance analysis
• Complete annual balance sheet review and presents to Finance
• Advise Finance on Hyperion metadata and new business setups; approve metadata requests and ensure setup process is accurate and complete
• Assist Finance, WM FP&A, and Accounting partners on ad hoc financial questions and Hyperion system issues
• Reconcile Hyperion financial systems actuals data to ensure data integrity.
• Liaison between Finance and Accounting to confirm accurate variance explanations are provided. Provide guidance to Accounting on coding issues requiring Peoplesoft re-class.
• Forecasting & Budgeting:
• Prepare reporting and variance analysis for Finance, WM FP&A, and Studios/Networks FP&A including revenue & expense details vs. PY and Budget, P&L's, etc.
• Prepare and build presentations including P&L's, bar graphs, variances, charts, etc. where necessary to facilitate executive reporting.
• Build and maintain T-nets quarterly original and licensed programming monthly forecast analysis
• Submits monthly forecast financial data to WM FP&A via Hyperion
• Prepare headcount reporting and salary planning analysis when requested
• Partner with LOB team members on completion of consolidated Domestic Networks reporting packages and templates as needed
• Complete forecast and budget Hyperion financial system reconciliations
• Assist on Ad-Hoc requests including executive reporting and excel-based modeling
• Consolidate capital cash reporting including actuals, forecast, and budget for T-nets. Learn and advise finance partners on use of Clarity system in tracking capital spend. Research ad hoc capital related requests
• Assist fellow SFA on depreciation forecast and budget calculations for Domestic Networks as needed. May include maintaining excel models and performing Hyperion allocation process as well as communication with Finance. Work with Accounting on researching variances vs. forecast.
• Assist with interim reporting requests, system consolidations and data mapping, etc.
• Assist with tracking executive bonus expense if needed
• Minimum 3-5 years financial analysis experience
• Advanced computer and systems skills (MS Office, Hyperion, Peoplesoft)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• 4-year degree (Preferred area of Study: Accounting or Finance )
• Advanced degree or certification (MBA, CPA)
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.