Senior Finance Analyst
This was removed by the employer on 6/18/2021 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Finance Analyst jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Finance Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Finance Analyst?
Full Time Job
Location: United Kingdom - London
This role sits within the WarnerMedia International operating unit. Operating in over 200 countries, with content available in 45 languages, WarnerMedia International reaches its fans all over the world, thriving as a truly global company. The business unit manages the linear businesses and commercial activities outside the United States and also is essential in helping our Direct-to-Consumer businesses maximize their reach.
UK & Ireland seek a Senior Analyst for the Finance department to serve as trusted business partner for the Consumer Products and Games business.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
• Key Business Partner to the WM UK Games team across Physical & Digital Games.
• Delivers a clear picture of future performance through accurate forecasts, confidence in actual results through consistent accounting and provides insightful reporting and analysis to the UK business
• Supporting analysis for WM Consumer Products and/or Video, as necessary
Essential Job Functions:
• Scope: UK & Ireland WM physical Games and Digital businesses and other businesses as directed by line management.
• Business Partner to the UK and EMEA Games teams
• Deliver planning & forecasting processes: Budget & LRP, monthly rolling Forecasts, Ultimates and such other forecasts as required
• Ensure monthly/quarterly close in line with WM accounting policies.
• Manage and review the variance analysis in monthly financial statements, provide details, 'value-added' analysis.
• Provide business advice for developing other business models for the mobile games business.
• Responsibility for the review and/or calculation of all key financial information, provisions and accruals and the retained divisional monthly close process.
• Manage ad-pub for budgets games
• Responsible for games Salesforce targets and enhance use of salesforce across all areas of the business, including deal tracking, pricing and lifecycle calendars
• Report and deliver insightful analysis of actual business performance to WM Home Entertainment.
• Manage Games Inventory by Format, Retailer, Channel and Warehouse and use this information to support provisions analysis.
• Development of internal reporting and processes, in particular the Digital forecasting processes.
• Provide commercial support to the sales team for digital and physical customers.
• Support / Assist Business Decision Support team to evaluate new business models and commercial games opportunities.
• Answer Burbank and European office enquiries.
• Other duties as required by the business.
• Graduate or high calibre candidate with the relevant work experience and competencies
• Qualified Accountant preferred, or at least PQ and working towards accountancy qualification
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with finance and non-finance people
• Previous work experience in a financial planning and analysis role (forecasting, budgeting, strategic long range planning and business decision support)
• Ability and passion for understanding finance and curating the financial story for others
• Experience in the media industry is highly desirable
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity that sparks communication, collaboration, and innovation. Must have a willingness to look beyond surface requirements
• Must have the ability to adapt and be agile amongst a changing environment. Be able to translate complex problems into solutions.
• Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to distil and elevate the most important points, clearly conveying them to the right audience
• Must have excellent analytic skills.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must be willing to expand knowledge relating to industry trends.
• Must be willing to collaborate with management and peers to advance team and company goals
• Advanced Excel required (pivot tables, macros, formulas), with proficiency with other MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Access). Tableau experience a plus.
• Demonstrable experience of working with finance system(s), eg SAP, Essbase, Hyperion with a willingness and ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Bonus Points: Home Entertainment Games Distribution practices, customers, accounting, supply chain and market dynamics
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.