Senior Director, Theatrical Marketing
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director, Theatrical Marketing jobs in Seoul-KG
Search all Senior Director, Theatrical Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Director, Theatrical Marketing? ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As the Senior Director, Theatrical Marketing for Korea, you will work with the General Manager, Korea and the Head of Marketing, APAC to drive box office success through the strategic planning, project management and execution of theatrical marketing campaigns for the Warner Bros. slate of films.
In this key position you will be a collaborative leader for the marketing team, guiding the overall marketing strategy for each film and delivering best-in-class campaigns for the Korean market.
You will serve as the senior representative of the Theatrical Marketing department for company-wide efforts, communicating theatrical strategies and plans with both key internal Warner Media business units and key external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• On a tactical day-to-day level, translate international marketing strategies and other marketing information from regional and home offices and provide local executional guidance to the marketing team
• Work with the marketing team to coordinate early marketing campaign brainstorms soliciting 'big ideas' to impact local campaign ideation. Process to include setting annual priorities, budgets and timelines, sourcing film-by-film briefing documents from the regional office and then to present a select set of ideas to the regional office and home office international department heads
• Drive creativity, innovation and efficiency in all marketing disciplines including media, publicity, digital and partnership strategy
• Annual marketing budget planning to drive optimization and efficiency to achieve targeted box office revenue estimates
• Review creative marketing materials (print, AV, digital etc) with marketing team to make strategic recommendations on adaptations required
• Drive trade marketing efforts and establish mutually beneficial relationships with exhibition partners
• Develop and implement media strategies and supervise appointed media agency in the implementation of campaigns
• Responsible for managing all reporting and key approvals from Home Office publicity team for all talent requests, talent tours and publicity initiatives
• Manage local team to facilitate junket and premiere planning (approval of junket schedules with Home Office publicity, budgets, event/vendor management, talent coordination etc.)
• Work with Burbank-based research team on weekly tracking, recruited screenings, tack-ons and other ad hoc research projects
• Analyse research and tracking reports and make appropriate recommendations for adjustments to marketing campaigns
• In partnership with other department executives continuously liaise and collaborate with WarnerMedia business units, sharing theatrical campaign plans to find cross-divisional synergy opportunities and encourage relevant marketing activity
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Notable consumer marketing experience is essential, with marketing experience directly related to the entertainment industry being desirable. Movie or digital/social marketing background preferred
• Excellent written and spoken English is required
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Korean market pertaining to marketing, media, publicity and promotions is essential
• Ability to garner respect and cultivate a team-based environment is crucial
• Cross-functional knowledge of theatrical marketing departments will be key
• Must be knowledgeable about and have had experience dealing with the international marketplace
• Strong interpersonal skills are crucial - must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with senior executives, colleagues, vendors, clients, talent and other levels of personnel, both oral and written
• Forward-thinker with the ability to drive innovation and change
• Demonstrable experience managing a team, with the ability to organise and schedule work and staff effectively
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work well under time constraints and handle multiple tasks
• Must be a leader in building and maintaining relationships
• Degree holder in Marketing or Communications preferred
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.