Senior Director, Standards and CNN
WarnerMediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Director, Standards and Practices-CNN (LA)
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN seeks a Sr Director, Standards and Practices for the Los Angeles bureau.
The function of Standards and Practices (S&P) is to protect the CNN brand by ensuring editorial and ethical excellence. S&P partners with CNN editorial teams (TV, digital and social platforms) on sensitive reporting and issues. The role of S&P is to make sure our content is fair, accurate, balanced, and responsible. Members of the S&P team are aligned to specific editorial shows and units, but also work with other departments including PR, marketing and ad sales when needed.
The Senior Director in S&P will provide guidance to their aligned clients. In this role, the Senior Director will be the first point of contact for the editorial teams in vetting stories and content and will use good judgment in determining when to escalate to senior members of S&P, the Row, and Rights and Clearances. A significant part of the role entails liaising with the other legal and editorial quality control teams.
• 10 year's experience in programming/production environment /quality control.
• 5 years of experience in news editorial decision making.
• Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Experience partnering with and presenting to senior level managers and experience working across all platforms, including, television, digital, social, documentary film, and series.
• Undergraduate degree in journalism or related field.
• Experience may be substituted with requisite experience
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.