Senior Business Analyst
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Job As a Sr. Business Analyst for Data Strategy, you will work hands-on to help drive our data strategy company-wide. This includes engaging with internal legal and technical stakeholders and product and engineering partners at our brands to understand and document how consumer's interact with privacy experiences to consent to data sharing within our products and competitor's products, in order to create industry-leading privacy and consent experiences. You will also help document data flow requirements, while always considering regulatory compliance, and the entire consumer journey.
• Analyze competitive consumer experiences to identify opportunities to differentiate in the areas of privacy and value-based messaging for consent.
• Partner with brand product leaders to track analytics for consent experiences, including trends that may shift over time, identifying opportunities to differentiate.
• Reverse engineer and identify all of the data systems and technical components involved in our current business process.
• Identify gaps and opportunities in first party data sources, digital or linear.
• Represent business, legal and product needs when researching and recommending solutions.
• Create and own presentations and requirements documents, as well as other supporting artifacts such as business process, data flow diagrams and mock-ups of reports and dashboards.
• Participate in project planning, working with Product Managers, Project Managers, and Engineers to estimate effort for requirements and provide input to the prioritization of stories for development.
• Elicit, develop, own, and refine requirements, user stories and related artifacts in partnership with internal technical and brand product teams.
• Actively participate during Agile activity meetings, including Scrum, Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning to help identify risks and impediments, escalating as necessary.
• 3 years of prior experience delivering competitive analysis and requirements documents as a Business Analyst in the media industry
• Fluency in current issues and trends in the evolving privacy landscape
• Understanding of the programmatic ad-tech ecosystem
• Experience using data to drive revenue in AVOD/SVOD/TVOD revenue models
• Ability to articulate how first party data can drive increases in business value
• Experience navigating matrixed organizations and influencing strategy
• Demonstrable experience building enterprise-class products and tools
• Must be a self-starter, proactive, and a data-driven decision-maker
• Adept at relationship-management with internal stakeholders at all levels of an organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills required
• Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
• Familiar with Agile development methodologies
• Organized, detail-oriented and personable
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.