Senior Broadcast Producer
This was removed by the employer on 4/14/2021 7:45:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Broadcast Producer jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Senior Broadcast Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Broadcast Producer? Senior Broadcast Producer - 11Am, CNN
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Broadcast Producer for the CNN Newsroom 11AM department.
The Senior Broadcast Producer will work closely with the Executive Producer for planning, creating, & managing content for the program, including planning daily show rundowns, providing strategic vision for segments and bookings, managing producers, and managing the control room. This position reports to the Executive Producer.
• EDITORIAL & PRODUCTION - This position plans all aspects of the program's editorial direction.
• Communicates and implements the creative vision for the show including proposing new program concepts and driving compelling and engaging storytelling.
• Makes crucial editorial decisions.
• Organizes and prepares content so that high pressure deadlines are met. Is the point person for the Executive Producer and senior leadership during the day.
• Serves as Back-up Executive Producer when the EP is on vacation.
• MANAGEMENT - Oversee staff to ensure high level of editorial and production consistency.
• Create opportunities for the development and growth of staff members in a creative, collaborative environment.
• Must have strong team building skills and work well with fellow producers and crew.
• STORY RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT & PITCHING-
• Develop and enterprise story pitches related to news topics of the day and relevant current issues.
• Read and monitor multiple and diverse sources of information and exchange ideas with the Executive Producer and bookers for angles on stories.
• Collaborate with Anchor, producers and correspondents on direction and production of stories.
• BREAKING NEWS & NEWS COVERAGE - Accurate, rapid establishment of facts on a story that is developing.
• Coordinating reporting with others in network working on story, acquisition of live sources, communication with newsgathering desks regionally and nationally, access to developed network of previously established sources and quick response to booking guests and moving resources to cover breaking stories
• The successful candidate for this position will have strong leadership, editorial, writing and control room skills with 10 years experience in television news, with at least five years as a show producer at a cable or broadcast network.
• The job requires previous experience as a senior producer on a live daily news show. It further requires strong feature and segment production, strong strategic vision for bookings, strong writing skills, extensive control room experience and a thorough understanding of news production.
• He/She must be a creative thinker who can generate numerous stories under intense deadline pressure and changing circumstances.
• This producer must be familiar with all aspects of television production including graphics, editing, digital news gathering and live remote broadcasting and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require and to travel if needed.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.