Senior Advanced Artist, Cinematics
Full Time Job
Location: Kirkland, Washington, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
For the past 20 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That's where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Monolith, a subsidiary of WB Games Inc. seeks a Sr. Advanced Artist, Cinematics, who has a passion for creating industry leading in game presentations and cinematic storytelling experiences within a AAA game. The Sr. Advanced Artist, Cinematics, will Assists the Art Manager, Presentation, Director of Art, and Design Director in the definition of aesthetic aspirations of camera, body and facial performance for systemic and linear In Game Presentations/Cinematics and associated studio initiatives. The Cinematic Director is responsible for helping to inspire the development of story and associated visuals through the creation of concept drawings, storyboards, and prototypes. The ideal candidate will embrace the challenge of developing branching narrative systemic experiences that will drive the consumer experience forward. The Sr. Advanced Artist, Cinematics will have a keen ability to understand the nuances of facial and body performances with an ability to frame these performances in a visually compelling way. The Sr. Advanced Artist, Cinematics will regularly attend cross discipline meetings and discussions to obtain a deep understanding of project goals and dependencies. Candidate will participate in regular reviews with the Presentation Team and Directors to help maintain consistency and quality of work product. The Sr. Advanced Artist, Cinematics will work with the Art Manager, Presentation, the Director of Art and necessary parties in developing strategies to improve back end technology and pipelines associated with development of In Game Presentation tools towards creating seamless Presentations with all associated/connected content. The Sr. Advanced Artist, Cinematics will be responsible for maintaining a consistent aesthetic across all forms of presentations.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
• 10+ years in the video game industry.
• Minimum of 3 published games with at least one AAA title in a Cinematic Director or equivalent position.
• Experience working as a senior creative contributor or director in both broadcast and film.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Experience with creative visualization tools (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro and/or equivalent editing tool).
• College or university diploma in Cinema or equivalent education (preferred).
• Experience with one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3DS Max, etc.).
• Outstanding modern and classical cinematic fundamentals with an application towards establishing mood, tone, and emotion.
• Excellent understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development.
• Well versed in a variety of cinematic presentation styles with an ability to adapt as needed.
• Strong understanding of modern pop culture trends within the entertainment industry with an ability to successfully apply to cinematic style as needed.
• Strong understanding of game development process and limitations.
• Thorough understanding of animation theory and technique.
• Solid experience and understanding of character and animation pipelines.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, both taking and giving direction.
• Excellent directive communication and an ability to visualize creative ideas when required.
• Excellent capacity for giving and receiving instructions in addition to giving and receiving constructive, professional critique and direction.
• Proactive and professional collaboration and communication with other department and related creative or technical areas is essential.
• Motion Capture directing experience required
• Performance Capture experience a major plus.
• Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level
• Experience creating systemic/dynamic cinematics a plus.
• Strong storyboarding skills.
• Game engine experience a plus.
• Reel/Portfolio/website demonstrating fundamental foundation cinematic skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.