Sales Planner, Japan
Full Time Job
Location: Japan - Tokyo
The Sales Planner supports Accounts Executive & Director Advertising Sales teams in the Japan by preparing sales material and acts as contact point for CNN advertising sales follow-up. He/she is also responsible to provide CNN-Calibre client service in working with CNN Advertising Sales Operations, Marketing & Turner Commercial Production. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore & reveal the business needs of CNN's key client & understand how our range of product offerings can grow their & our businesses across pre-sale, post-sales functions & the digital platform.
You will be responsible for assisting the full sales cycle from pre-sales through campaign execution. You must be professional, organized and motivated as well as have the drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment. You will be a reliable support resource who can anticipate client and sales team needs. This role includes analysis, planning, research, project management and brainstorming.
• Execute on sales initiatives to reach Advertising Sales's team quarterly goals
• He/she develops compelling client specific pitches, strategies and sales recommendations that optimize the market potential.
• Provide indirect sales work to prepare pitch decks and proposals for these potential clients
• Provide the ultimate in client service and give potential new clients & agencies the attention they need and deserve
• Liaise with Ad Sales Operations, Marketing & TCP to bring the best solutions for the clients.
• Provide Ad Operations with guidance and confirmation for optimization requests
• Provide information and liaison for proactive sales pitches with direct clients and media agencies, including an understanding of Sponsorship offerings, and interaction with commercial production for associated materials.
• Provide post-campaign summary reports and presentations for ad sales team to furnish their clients and media agencies
• Establish relationships with key contacts in clients / agencies to facilitate the smooth implementation of campaign
• Verify & process invoices with Accounting services team on billing & payment issues throughout the sales process
• You have strong analytical and multi-projects management skills
• You have great presentation skills and excellent agility in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
• You are a highly organized and focused multi-tasker with strong attention to detail
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• You demonstrate the ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate efficiently internally and externally
• A bachelor's degree in a related field is required
• 2 - 3 years' experience in sales planning or advertising agency
• 1- 2 years' experience in media & news broadcasting industry is highly beneficial
• Strong experience working with Excel and PowerPoint required
• Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task – must be able to juggle multiple projects and clients; Well knowledge of CNN and sales procedure
• Lead a client to close a deal & get a client satisfaction - a good track record of client satisfaction and relationship is highly beneficial
• Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & additional language with a strong attention to detail