Full Time Job
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As our business continues to move to a consumer centric model the realisation of business requirements and transforming the way we work requires multiple teams, departments, and countries to work together, evolve and collaborate for a successful outcome for WarnerMedia. With WarnerMedia Operations as the underpinning providers of capabilities and platforms on which we launch and operate our services, we are the central point of coordination across multiple stakeholders and 3rd parties to ensure we define and implement the end-to-end solutions to deliver the capabilities required by our business.
This role's primary responsibility is to manage a mixed portfolio of complex international strategic initiatives and tactical local projects that span one or multiple lines of business, support the scoping and delivery across projects to ensure the overall business goals and outcomes are met. This role will coordinate subject matter experts, project teams and senior management stakeholders including internal and 3rd party services providers and technology vendors based locally and globally, spanning multiple time zones.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Project Leadership and Delivery management & APAC PMO Development 60%
Support the on-going portfolio of projects helping to ensure that it is meeting the strategic direction of the APAC business as set by the executive management of WarnerMedia and its project sponsors. Delivery of component workstreams of globally led strategic initiatives is also a key responsibility within this role along with the oversight of financial management and responsibility of projects. Working with the Central PMO Lead to ensure continued methodology and reporting alignment globally.
2. Project Sequencing and Loading 5%
Ensure the project sequencing process is consistent with overall strategy as well as operational and engineering needs and specifications. Advise of changes and variations due to delivery timing changes, advise and manage 3rd party expectations and needs. Advise management and stakeholders on loading and capacity of projects and advise on how new projects will fit in to existing and future roadmap plans.
3. Programme & Project Definition, Plan and Execution 15%
For all projects managed by the team ensure that project definitions, charters etc. are all in place. For projects under direct management create detailed project plans and manage the execution of the plans to a successful conclusion ensuring that the gaps between projects but still within the programs are managed and brought within the projects.
4. Stakeholder and Participant management. 10%
Liaison between stakeholders, operating and technology teams (including 3rd party outsourcers) ensuring that all parties have the information needed to be able to do their jobs, make effective and metrics-based decisions.
5. Strategy, Benefits and Reporting 10%
Create and maintain data gathering and reporting mechanisms to facilitate the organisational learning cycle. Foster a culture of fact-based decision making and cause - effect analysis that focuses on getting better every day. Maintain project roadmaps and investigate internal/external influences that should be considered when setting the programme agenda. Maintain and use communication channels with local groups to keep all parties informed and aligned. Prepare periodic reports for distribution to all interested parties which will demonstrate the effectiveness of the initiatives undertaken.
• Years of experience: 5 years of project management experience
• Degree or equivalent experience in Media, Communications, Business Administration, Management or equivalent years of related experience.
• Experience in delivery of business change and improvement projects.
• Broad knowledge of and experience in project prioritisation skills.
• Broad knowledge of and experience in resource estimation and planning.
• Broad knowledge of and experience in project budgeting, financial tracking, and reporting.
• Broad knowledge of and experience in risk mitigation and issue management.
• Demonstrated understanding of business process analysis.
• Able to express concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to varied audiences at all levels of the business.
• Familiar with SharePoint, Visio, Microsoft Project or other project management apps, e.g., Clarizen PPM.
• Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
• General knowledge of effective problem solving and analytical skills.
• General knowledge of meeting facilitation (agenda, meeting outcomes, actions capture, etc) and general presentation skills.
• Ability to lead to drive change and influence others.
• A strong interest in the content preparation and distribution.
• Business and technical experience in the broadcast/content preparation/distribution/media industry.
• Experience working in a Project Management Office environment.
• Knowledge of vendors and technologies in content delivery/broadcast.
• Experience in/excellent knowledge in content preparation and distribution.
• Comfortable with engaging in International travel for work from time to time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.